The BEST, absolute best, thing about fall is that boots come back into the wardrobe. This year, go ahead and start wearing them a little early! After you buy that awesome pair of booties that are on pre-fall sale, work them into your wardrobe. I mean, why wait?? Get your money’s worth and put them to work for multiple seasons. Here’s how:
Tips for Rocking the Bootie in the Summer:
- Paired with dresses, booties look marvelous!
- They also look amazing with shorts and skirts!
- Keep the dress/skirt length just below the knee or higher (showing leg is key to keeping it summery)
- Pair with dresses that have movement
- When wearing a more fitted dress, be sure it is a casual cut like a t-shirt dress
- If dressing up your look, go with a croc pattern or patent leather booties
- Wear low cut socks to help absorb sweat that is sure to occur on hot summer days
- Have fun with colored booties if it’s in the budget
- Open-toe booties are great for summer and fall but not practical for winter. Consider this when buying.
- Chambray works fabulously with booties but be carefully that your boots are not western inspired if you don’t want to throw out the cowgirl vibe
- Layer on long cardigans or blazers over your sundresses and continue to wear your favorite bootie/dress combo when the weather cools down.
Fun, right? Mixing seasonal favorites is a great way to make your wardrobe pieces cost less per wear. Try it, I think you’ll love the look!
Feel free to share your favorite bootie and dress combo on Facebook!
BECOME A VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for beauties like you!
- Tips and more to help you look your best every day!
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST!
- Exclusive Giveaways!