Even though you’ll be aging another year in 2016, your skin doesn’t have to give away your age! Take control of your aging skin and work to improve it’s texture, tone and elasticity.
Here are 7 ways to improve your skin for 2016:
- Cut the sugar from your diet. I’m not kidding. Sugar aids in aging your face. Sugar can destroy your skin’s elasticity. “It also throws off the delicate balance of our gut bacteria which wreaks havoc not only on our face but digestion and the entire body.” (source)
- Drink your water. This isn’t new information. Drink your water so your skin does not become dehydrated. “As you age, your cells will be replaced by cells containing less water, which affects how you look” (source). Without proper hydration, your skin becomes dull, sallow and flaky. Bonus: Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue so you will increase your energy when you increase your water intake!
- Always were sunscreen. Let me remind you once more, SPF is critical for your skin’s protection! Your skin will age more quickly with each unprotected exposure to the sun and worse, you are putting yourself at risk of getting skin cancer from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Sleep on your back. When your face is compressed against a pillow night after night, you will begin to form wrinkles in these areas due to the loss of elasticity as skin ages.
- Don’t neglect your neck and hands! Your neck and hands will show signs of aging too! Keep them protected with SPF and moisturizer too! Whatever skin care you use on your face, use on your neck too! I always rub left over skin care onto the back of my hands as well.
- Exercise! Get your blood flowing so it can carry oxygen and nutrients to your cells as well as cleanse the toxins, like free radicals!
- Use a complete skin care system. Knowing which skin care products work together and the order in which to use them is important for your skin’s health. We all have different needs but our desired outcome is the same…beautiful skin. What works for me may not be the right combination for you. Personalized systems will give you the best results. Learn how to put together a skin care routine with this handy guide on PaulasChoice.com.
I have been using Paula’s Choice skin care for 4 weeks. I was asked to speak with a trained skin care consultant to determine the best products for my aging skin. After a thorough phone conversation, the Skin Recovery Collection was recommended for me. This system is for dry, aging skin. The winter months are hard on my skin so I welcomed the opportunity to sample skin care that is effective with anti-aging ingredients but soothing and non-irritating for my dry skin. The goal of the system is to give me healthier, more radiant skin.
I will admit that I like to feel my skin care working, meaning a little tightness or stinging means to me that it is working. All of these products are really gently and there is absolutely no irritation, not even with the Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant. In the beginning, I was skeptical, I admit. However, I noticed some gentle peeling after the first week and noted that my skin did actually look brighter! I am happy to report that effective skin care can be gentle!
There are a lot of products in this line, however, you won’t find an eye cream in the system. This surprised me but the Skin Recovery Moisturizer works for the eye area too. This product can be used both day and night so there is no specific night time cream either. If using in the day, follow with the Skin Recovery Face Sunscreen.
I love the Resist Skin Firming Line Minimizer from Paula’s Choice. It is a serum that “revs up cellular metabolism” and “stimulates collagen production & elastin repair” for the fine lines around the eyes and mouth. This alone is a great product to add to your skin care routine in 2016. This product will remain a staple in your skin care routine year-round, even when your other products may change with weather conditions.
I still have a few more weeks of using the system to see the real, lasting results. The skin care consultant informed that it takes 6-8 weeks to really start seeing a difference. It is important to give a skin care system a fair chance and not give up on it too quickly. It takes a long time to form wrinkles and hyperpigmentation on the skin, it won’t go away in a week!
For 2016, give your skin a fighting chance against aging with a skin care system built around your skin’s needs. Paula’s Choice is a great place to start with a helpful online library of skin care advice from experts, personalized phone consultations and affordable prices on quality skin care.
Get 20% off and free shipping on your first order of Paula’s Choice by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/PCMonth9amominredhighheels
Will 2016 be a great year for your skin? Only if you make a decision to treat it well and follow the tips provided here.
This post is sponsored by Pretty in My Pocket and Paula’s Choice. Opinions are my own.
TAMMY GIBSON, founder of A Mom in Red High Heels, is your partner in personal style. Become a VIP to stay in touch with Tammy and get the latest advice on how to create a personal style that you love!