I just got off a conference call with VueZone. (If you follow me on Twitter, you are saw me tweet details!) This is an exciting tech tool for parents! It’s a video camera monitory system. Not so special, right? Ok, here is the cool factor: You can view what the video sees remotely! Not just on a computer with internet but on a smartphone or ipad! Not only that, it’s sexy and sleek (and won’t interrupt the flow of your decor!)
You can schedule a time for the camera to turn on via your computer and see that your child arrives home at 3 as expected. You can use the camera to view your kids while you are away at travel. You can use the camera to watch how it’s going with a new sitter. It’s peace of mind for parents.
There is also recording capabilities! If you need a little bit of home with you while you travel, simply record your family and watch again and again. If your daughter is dancing and you want to capture the moment, record it! If you see something you don’t like, record it and hold the offender accountable. You can share your recordings via online.
The camera does not run 24/7, it starts viewing when you login to your account to view. This saves battery and allows the battery to last about 6 months. The batteries are C#123 Photo batteries that can be purchased at major retailers.
Why I love the concept:
- I can have peace of mind that my kids are ok while I travel. I can be a part of my daughter getting her insulin shot and know that all went well. (yep, I worry about that!)
- I can share my account with others so they can see their kids at my house if they choose to. Great for overnights with the little ones!
- I can record special moments to keep with me.
- I can keep an eye on my son who does his school work in a different room than my daughter to make sure he stays on task while I’m helping her.
- I feel “away” when I’m in my office or on a conference call. The VueZone keeps me connected to what my kids are doing, especially if I need to have the door closed for distraction free conversations.
- I can set up multiple cameras throughout the house. It’s a good idea to keep an eye on our mischievous pups!
- My husband and I can BOTH view from the camera on different smartphones as it’s compatable with iphone (mine), androids (his) or blackberry.
- Easy to mount and set up, not technical at all.
- I imagine this would be an AMAZING tool for pregnant moms on bed rest!
I am watching…! (oh that sounds creepy but it’s so not, it’s peace of mind)