The newest Photoshop controversy is the above photo of Christina Aguilara for her “The Voice” promo. The critics are talking about how altered the image is compared to a candid photo of Christina (see below).
While Photoshop is helpful, there are plenty makeup, hair and wardrobe tricks used to help Christina look thinner. You can use them too!
- Smart color-blocking: The lines on her dress draw the eye in toward the middle of her body. The change of stripe color from black to white is used as a visual technique to create a thinner body…just look at how the white pattern is a beautiful hourglass shape!
- The neckline is more conservative than the neckline of the silver dress. Tucking away the “girls” creates a thinner image.
- Bold lips brings up the eye and away from the mid-body.
- Hair with less volume visual takes weight off.
- A longer length on the dress covers the thickest part of the thigh and any body shaping undergarments!
Other ways to look thinner:
- Good posture
- Wear eye-catching jewelry
- Avoid pleats that add bulk to the waistline
- Invest in A-line skirts as they hide lower body bulk
- Don’t wear clothes that are too tight, showing bulking areas
- Don’t wear clothes that are too baggy, adding bulk to your silhouette
- Wear heels, they make your legs look long and lean
Most importantly, be proud of who you are right now. You may have some pounds to lose but now you have some tricks to help you look thinner while you work on sizzle away the pounds in a healthy way!