The Westfield Style website lists Stacy London’s Top 5 for June, listing swim wear and fashion pieces to accompany you to the pool! Are you in need of a new suit this season? I am and I keep putting it off but this weekend we are going out of town for the sole purpose of enjoying the pool at the hotel! Yikes! Time to shop!
There really is a suit for every body type! Here are a few tips to help you:
- If you have a flabby tummy (oh, the things those babies do to you!), wear a bikini bottom that sits higher on your waist to help hold it in! A tankini top is another great option.
- Droopy or Large Tush? Buy a swimsuit with a skirt! These styles are so cute and vintage inspired, plus they do a great job of hiding your bottom. Or, to keep attention away from your full bottom, accentuate your top half with a brightly colored bikini top, keeping the bottom half dark! Wrap a scarf around your waist when you are walking around the pool deck if you’d like some extra coverage.
- If you are small chested, try a bikini top with ruffles or other embellishments to pump up the volume!
- Large chested women should wear a V-neck elongate your chest rather than accentuate the fullness. A thick strapped halter flatters and holds the “girls” in place (vs. a spaghetti strap that will accentuate a heavy chest).
- Pregnant? Yay! Celebrate that gorgeous belly with a bikini! Use the same tricks from above to hide your tush or swollen chest.
- In the end, celebrate your curves. You may not look like a Victoria’s Secret model in a swimsuit but who cares? Love your body!
- Don’t skimp on your swimsuit. Buying high quality fabric will ensure the suit will hold where it promises to hold and it will last.
- Rinse your suit with cold, fresh water as soon as you are done using it.
- When washing, use the gentle cycle and use a laundry bag to protect it from too much twisting.
- Skip the dryer, hang to dry instead.
- Rotate suits. Once you find a suit or brand that you love, buy a couple so you can rotate your suits to ensure they last longer.
Have fun at the pool or beach! Remember your sunscreen, cute tote bag, hat and sunglasses!
*All swimsuits featured above are available at retailers found in Westfield Shopping Centers. Check your local mall for store availability.
Disclosure: I am working with Westfield Style and am receiving compensation. I am really excited about this partnership!