I had great intentions when school started to workout at least 3 weekdays and 1 weekend day. I was excited and ready for this lifestyle change after years of off and on workouts. As a woman in my 40’s, I definitely notice the changes in my body and I don’t like them. The issue is, life keeps getting in the way. Which is just an excuse, I know. But, sick kids, school commitments, business obligations and the day-to-day challenges of life have stalled my commitment to get in my 150 minutes per week.
Does this happen to you?
Exercise is important on SO MANY levels for a happy, healthy, fulfilled life. Here are my top 11 reasons that are important to me personally. Do they ring true for you?
- Exercise clears my mind and by the end of a good workout, I feel happier.
- I am inspired with great ideas when I exercise. I get filled with a can-do attitude.
- I sweat the toxins out of my body.
- I feel stronger and leaner, even after just one workout. I’ll LOOK stronger and leaner after a consistent schedule of working out.
- Clothes fit better with regular workouts. I want to wear what I like, not what covers my muffin top!
- Increased physical energy.
- Stimulates thirst so I drink more water.
- Working out makes me want to eat healthier. Why ruin the benefits of a good run with a cupcake?
- It’s great alone time but can also be great social time, depending on how I choose to workout.
- It increases my odds for a long and healthy life so I can enjoy my family for generations to come.
- Additional wardrobe options. The right workout wear is fun and stylish, but not meant for living life. To earn the right to wear fabulous workout wear, you have to actually workout!
Fabletics offers amazing workout wear at a great price. Take this outfit for example:
The Escalante outfit is adorable and on-trend. I received this outfit from Fabletics for editorial review and am inspired to workout just so I can wear it!
- The camo capri leggings are my favorite part of this look because I love the edginess of camo. It is urban chic!
- The sports bra is super comfy and offers light support. I love the pop of green in the outfit but there are neutral colors available if you prefer. This is the most comfortable sports bra I have ever worn. The straps don’t dig into my shoulders and there are no clasps to cause discomfort.
- The tank top is the perfect length. It’s hem is below the hip so it provides some coverage of my bottom and hip area, which I appreciate. The fabric is lightweight and soft.
Overall, the comfort and style of this workout outfit is a 10! I am in love! Bring on more! Fortunately, to satisfy my desire for fabulous looking workout clothes that are functional as well as affordable, I can shop Fabletics for a variety of styles.
Here is how Fabletics works:
- Create Your Lifestyle Profile – Take our quick lifestyle quiz so we can get to know you better.
- Receive Personalized Outfits – Each month, you’ll find new outfits hand-selected just for you and your workouts.
- Shop! – Buy the outfits you love or skip the month altogether. There’s never any obligation to buy.
If you want to check out their styles in full, use my personal invitation code to shop: http://www.fabletics.com/invite/amominred/
Now, I know there are more important reasons to workout than cute exercise outfits but if it is a motivating factor, I’ll take it! How about you?
To make a change in one’s life, one must take action. I NEED to workout for my physical and mental health. It’s easier to take action with support of others. That’s why I am asking you to join me. Let’s start with a “150 Minutes” Week long challenge. If you can do nothing more, do the minimum of 150 minutes of cardio for just 7 days.
I totally understand how hard is is making time to workout. I do. I stay up late working so getting up early to do it before everyone is up is not an option for me. I have to carve out time during the day and for me, it’s a challenge. I hope you’ll come along side of me so we can support each other. With a new energy and commitment, I am beginning the journey of an Elevated Life. This 7 day challenge is the first step to being more and living a healthier, happier life.
Use hashtag #150Min on social media to stay connected.