Always a warm season classic, stripes are a fun way to add pattern to your outfit. You can wear a little or a lot, like Freida Pinto (above). What’s the best way to wear one of summer’s hottest trends? Use these tips to help you in your quest for the perfect striped ensemble!
- Be careful of placement, avoid wearing the biggest stripes at your widest point. If you do, then the answer to your “do these stripes make me look fat?” question will be answered yes.
- If you wear a neutral stripe, pair it with a bold colored accessory, like red high heels!
- Pair nautical stripes on top with a sporty mini on bottom, or a bright denim like orange or green to prevent you from looking to “sailor” (unless of course, you are sailing and want to experience the moment to it’s fullest)!
- Use striped accessories to elevate your solid colored outfit pieces. Handbags, heels and watches are a simple way to add stripes to your style!
- Feeling a bit daring? Pair a wide striped piece with a thin striped piece!
- Add a belt to a striped maxi dress and you have instant stripe style with very little effort!
Fabulous stripes under $100:
Always remember, fashion is fun! Enjoy the trends of the season and work them in where appropriate for your wardrobe and budget! Have a favorite striped look? Post a picture on the A Mom in Red High Heels Facebook wall! We want to be inspired by you!