How often do you switch your beauty routine? Do you wear the same makeup for winter as you do for spring? I want to help you understand why switching up your beauty regimen is essential for a new season. I’ll share which types of products you should be shopping for so you can recreate a spring-ready beauty look at home.
First, you need to understand that your winter beauty routine doesn’t work for spring because your skin requires different amounts of moisture each season. Winter is very drying to skin and requires mega-moisture, as we move into warmer weather, your skin may begin to need less moisture. As you spend more time outside, your SPF use goes up. Your body and facial care products need to be swapped out accordingly.
Second, your makeup should change with the season. Spring clothing styles tend to be fresh, vibrant colors or beautiful shades of pastel, instead of the traditional darker colors of fall and winter. Your makeup should be fresh and natural instead of serious and dark.
Third, hair color tends to lighten with warm weather. Naturally, the sun adds highlights or you might request salon perfect highlights. With these changes, so must your makeup.
Here is a step-by-step spring beauty regimen that will have you looking refreshed and healthy just in time for the warm weather!
- After a long cold winter, it’s time to break out the exfoliating products to slough away the dead, dry skin. Your skin will glow!
- Sunless Tanning products, like Jergens Natural Glow, help you achieve that “afternoon in the sun” look without the damage of the sun’s rays. You will have an all over healthy looking tan that looks best with short hemlines but helps you feel beautiful all year round, regardless of the season!
- Change out your foundation to one that is sheer and allows your natural skin tone to show through. A tinted moisturizer is an excellent product to consider instead of foundation.
- Skip the face powder as it’s too heavy for spring and summer. Instead, use oil blotting tissues to kill the shine.
- Spring is all about the cheeks! A flushed glow is healthy and more natural looking! Blend light pink or peach cream blush into the apples of your cheeks and let them take the spotlight.
- Eyes look spring-ready in neutral colors and lengthening mascara (remember, the cheeks are the focus of your face).
- Keep your lips glossy and light. If you crave color, use a vibrant colored gloss.
- Switch out your winter fragrance for one that is light and flirty.
- Finally, use a clinical strength deo/antiperspirant since temperatures are on the rise and you’ll be wearing more sleeveless styles.
Think fresh, natural and pretty as you begin to switch up your beauty routine for warm weather. Promise me you won’t wait another moment to begin ditching the winter beauty habits and start preparing yourself for spring-pretty!
Which product is going to be your first spring purchase?
Jergens makes it easier than ever to glow with the NEW Natural Glow Moisturizers that provides great color, year-round, without the sunless tanner odor.
Share how natural-looking skin color makes you feel for a chance to win $500!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jergens. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules
BECOME A VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for beauties like you!
- Tips and more to help you look your best every day!
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST!
- Exclusive Giveaways!