I sure did! We just came back from a week at the beach, where our condo’s back patio was steps from the beach. We spent our days scrambling up and down the rocks that separated us from the soft, white sand. We walked the beach at night, collected sand dollars in the morning, rode boogie boards for hours and jogged along The Strand. When we weren’t on the beach, we were either enjoying a good book or at the pool inside the complex.
It was magical. Boy, do I miss the sound of those waves crashing!
What makes it extra memorable is that none of us suffered from a painful sunburn! Hurray!
Nothing ruins a vacation like a sunburn early on. It makes everything uncomfortable! Paying extra attention to sunscreen application (and reapplication) saved us from stories like, “remember that one summer when I got sunburned so bad that I didn’t want to move?”
With Labor Day coming soon, I encourage you to use extra precaution so the unofficial end of summer doesn’t become one of those stories! In fact, remember that sunscreen is important year-round!
Need a recommendation? I have one for you!
The NEUTROGENA® Wet Skin Collection:
A great collection of sun protection products for you and your kids. Remember to reapply! This is a key factor to prevent burns! One application at the beginning of your fun day is not enough!
- First ever water-resistant lotion sunscreen specifically designed for wet skin application to provide broad spectrum sun protection in wet/sweaty or dry conditions
- Proven to provide full strength protection even on wet skin
- Sweat-resistant and water-resistant
- Available in spray, lotion and stick forms for both kids and adults (please remember to rub sprays in after you spray on)
It is time to get involved in educating your kids and others. Sun protection matters! Skin cancer is one of the most preventable cancers!
NEUTROGENA® Choose Skin Health Campaign:
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lives, yet skin cancer is one of the most preventable cancers. And with early detection most skin cancer is curable.
- The Neutrogena Choose Skin Health campaign, a partnership between Neutrogena and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, is dedicated to fighting skin cancer and saving lives through education, early detection, and empowering people to follow sun safe behaviors.
- Since its launch in 2009, the Neutrogena – #1 dermatologist recommended sun care brand – has provided more than 11,000 free skin screenings, donated more than $30 million dollars’ worth of sunscreen product to families in need through a Buy 1 Donate 1 program and diagnosed more than one thousand cases of skin cancer in the US alone.
- This year, Neutrogena partnered with a variety of celebrity ambassadors, including Kerry Washington, to help spread the word about the importance of sun protection by sharing personal #ChooseSkinHealth testimonials on social media. Neutrogena believes that each story makes a difference – and can even help save a life! Kerry shares, “I learned working with Neutrogena® that 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer, yet only 20% use SPF daily. I’m taking a stand because I know we can do better.”
Isn’t that silly that so few people use SPF daily? Make it part of your daily routine, it only takes an extra few minutes. Trust me, your skin’s health is worth it!
Neutrogena wants to know the steps you’re taking to stay protected this summer and all year-round. Share an image or a story on social media and use hashtag #ChooseSkinHealth Get started now!
Learn more about Neutrogena and skin health on Neutrogena.com.
Enjoy your time in the sun, just be smart about it! Wear sunscreen and reapply, it could save your life!
Do you have any terrible sun burn stories to share? Leave a comment below!
TAMMY GIBSON, founder of A Mom in Red High Heels, is your partner in personal style. Become a VIP to stay in touch with Tammy and get the latest advice on how to create a personal style that you love!