I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central for NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto, and received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
days weeks are just crazy beyond words. Sick kid, field trips, articles due, product reviews to write-up, house to clean and a husband to give undivided attention to. Yes, we all experience these weeks and to avoid going crazy from the unrelenting schedule, it’s important to find your safe place- your comfort activities- to keep you on the right side of sane.
Finding simple pleasures in the moments that you can capture throughout the day will help you maintain perspective and “keep calm and carry on.”
Here’s my list of Simple Pleasures to Get Me Through a Crazy Week that I hope will help you too:
- Stop and smell the roses…literally. I love, love, love fresh flowers of all types but roses are so stunning, simple and smell divine. The scent is also good for you! Rose has many uses for healing the body through aromatherapy. If you don’t have a green thumb or an endless supply of fresh flower funds, try essential oils to get your rose fix.
- Cleanse my face. A mid-day wash is so refreshing, especially when you use one that feels so good while applying it. Consider your wash time a mini-facial. Breath in the fresh scent, enjoy the creamy lather and the deep clean! Try Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser as a mid-day pick-me-up!
- DEAR Time (Drop Everything And Read). My daughter does this in class (does yours?). Set an alarm to go off and when it does, drop what you are doing and pick up a good book. It’s only for 15 minutes. You can afford to take a little time to read something that you enjoy. Don’t pick up any type of study material, just read something light and indulge!
- Listen to a Podcast or a TED Talk. Something short but inspiring to get you laughing or crying. Either way, you’ll feel inspired to make this world a better place!
- Mani/Pedi: I can’t help but enjoy a fresh coat of polish on either my fingers or toes. Even if I don’t have the time or money to go to the spa for a professional pedi, a change of color at home puts a smile on my face. It makes me feel pretty and because I have to let my nails dry, I am forced to just relax for a bit while they dry! It’s a great “mommy time-out!”
- Enjoy a coffeehouse coffee… from home! I think we can all agree that the aroma and taste of your favorite coffeehouse drink is hard to beat. I literally feel “calm” come over me when I take my first sip of a Soy Chai Tea Latte. To avoid the high cost of daily drive-thru runs, a better option is making the drink at home. Iced or hot, the Nescafe Dolce Gusto, creates delicious drinks in under a minute every time.
The cute, Genio compact machine looks like a penguin in a baseball cap to me which makes me like it even more! Cuteness counts! So does taste…. As you can see in the image above, the machine puts out a frothy, coffeehouse style cup every time. This is the tasty Chococino. There are 19 delicious options to choose from including a morning blend, mocha, peach iced tea and many more that will satisfy your flavor desires!
At the end of your busy week, surround yourself with people you love and invite a couple of friends over! Get crazy, enjoy a made-at-home coffee drink with Nescafe Dolce Gusto while you catch up on each other’s crazy lives!
Look for NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto this Fall at select California Target locations, Target.com and select California Costco locations.
Follow Nescafe Dolce Gusto on social media for the latest updates:
What special things do you find in the day to bring a smile back to your face? How about a FREE Nescafe Dolce Gusto?
Compliments of Nescafe Dulce Gusto and Mom Central, I have am able to offer one reader their very own machine! This compact machine is perfect for small spaces and will make someone very happy! Please enter below:
Option 1 (mandatory): Leave a comment below sharing how you get through a crazy week. Give us one tip that we can use!
Option 2 (optional): Share on Facebook or Twitter: “I want to #LiveWithGusto @amominred please enter me to win a Nescafe Dulce Gusto!” Leave a comment below with your post link.
Option 3 (optional): Pin a picture from this post to Pinterest. Tag @amominred and use hashtag #LiveWithGusto. Leave a comment below with your post link.
Deadline to Enter:
October 6. 2014 @ 11:59 PM PST
U.S. residents only, please. Winner must be willing to provide a U.S. shipping address and phone number so that I may forward it to Mom Central who will send out the prize.
Winner will be notified via email and has 48 hours to claim the prize otherwise a new winner will be selected.