I told you about how I Am Not Settling For Less Than I Am back in January. I’m here with an update. Before I begin, however, I do want to tell you that I love my life. I really do. I’m blessed in so many ways but I don’t think I’m at my full potential yet. I don’t want to settle for what life is like now. I want to improve, in every area, and see where it leads me!
There are a few changes I’ve made in my life in the last 2 months that are allowing me to improve my life. To be honest, I get tired of getting in my own. Do you do that too? Do you have self doubt, negative self-talk and plenty of excuses to not do XYZ? While I’ve been taking baby steps forward, I realize how many things are the same as they’ve been the last 5 years! So, 2012 is a year for massive ACTION because I’ve been settling for TOO LONG!
Steps I’ve taken to improve my life in the last 2 months:
1. Hired a business coach. Some days I still wonder if I’m coachable. I have these arguments in my head that make no sense considering I paid someone to help me clarify my business goals. Why argue with a professional? Why doubt the process? Because of fear. What am I “afraid” of? My coach says, “If you’ve become uncoachable, its a sign you’re afraid of your real star power.” Bottom line, my biggest fear is…How in the world will I have enough time for a successful business and a healthy, happy family? Do you have that same fear?
Taking action, even though you’re afraid, is how you become courageous—because courage, like fear, is a habit. The more you do it, the more you do it, and this habit—of stepping up, of taking action—more than anything else, will move you in a different direction. ~ Tony Robbins (read more: How to Live Courageously)
I continue to work through this fear (it looks like OVERWHELM in my world…) daily, some days are better than others but I realize without forward movement, I will be settling for less than my best!
2. Hired a child care helper so I can have a solid block of time to work during the day hours. I usually work at night and that is generally working on only immediate needs. Hiring extra help is essential for any mom who is homeschooling (or has small children at home), running a business and running the household! Are you as busy as I am? Then hire some help! If you don’t want anyone caring for your children, hire someone who can help pick up dry cleaning, run to the post office and answer emails for you! You are worth the investment!
3. Became Insane…at least I feel that way every time I do INSANITY. Have you seen this at-home workout? Way hard. Way intense. What I love about it is that it’s so challenging that it gets you major results in 60 days with 30-40 minute workouts 6 days a week. Working with a personal trainer is my ideal way to work out but since time nor budget will allow with my new investments, this workout is the quickest way to get in shape but you have to be willing to work hard! It’s an ongoing hurdle I have to get over and 30-40 minutes a day is actually doable. Aside from the quick results, the fact that I can do it at home is fabulous!
4. Researching Online Homeschool so I get some help with grading the work! Teaching my kids is not the biggest challenge of homeschooling, planning out the work and grading it all is. As we end the second year of homeschool, I am finally looking into another program that will relieve some areas of stress with homeschool. There are online instructional times, work is submitted online and graded by the school and all the lessons are preplanned! While there are some drawbacks to this type of program, mostly flexibility, I am seriously considering this move for the 2012-2013 school year. If you have any input on online homeschool programs, please let me know!
How are you managing? Are you challenging yourself, making changes so you can move forward in life? Share with me what you are doing! I can’t wait to get inspired by you!
One final thought before I close out this post, have your filed your taxes yet? We are now in April, you still have time but why delay any longer? TAKE ACTION and get it done! Taking this step forward will relieve your stress about doing the taxes! Visit H&R Block, where you never have to settle for less when filing taxes! Plus…you can enter to win a $100,000 refund! That would be pretty fabulous, right? Details below:
- When it comes to your tax return, you never have to settle for less with H&R Block. Filing your taxes with H&R Block just became an event worth sharing. Get started now for your chance at instant cash prizes and the $100,000 refund! There are winners every hour. So file your taxes then let your friends know how rewarding it can be.
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF MONEY NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. H&R Block® –100,000 Refund Giveaway starts 1/17/12 at 12:00 P.M. (midnight) ET and ends 4/17/12 at 11:59:59 PM ET. For Official Rules, to learn how to obtain a free means of entry without purchase, to learn how to play the instant win game and enter the sweepstakes, drawings, prize details, odds of winning, restrictions, etc. click here. Open to eligible legal residents of 50 US/DC, 18 years or older at time of entry. Void in P.R. and where prohibited. Sponsor: HRB Digital LLC, One H&R Block Way, Kansas City, MO 64105.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by H&R Block® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of H&R Block®