Are you wanting longer hair by Christmas? Do you want thick, full hair so you can have more style options? Are you a new mom who has suffered from hair loss due to pregnancy hormones (it’s normal)? It’s time to get sexy, healthy hair! Not everyone desires length but we all desire healthy hair.
When I was a senior in high school, I had a long, full head of hair. A year later, I had chopped my hair off to a very short style. Since then, I have gone back and forth between short cuts and bob-length. I craved the feeling of “carefree” and “modern” but never really felt like myself in these styles. I played with color, layers and length. I even tried to grow it long when my youngest was a toddler but my hair was thin and looked stringy.
It wasn’t until about a year ago that I really started to crave length again because, let’s be honest here, I wanted Victoria Secret model hair. I always have. I graduated high school in 1989. Hair was big back then. It’s in my blood.
With strict instructions to my stylist not to cut more than the very ends (she calls this dusting the ends), I set out to grow my locks.
I am not a fan of that “just past the shoulders” phase so for me, it was a testing time. The long bob was back in style at that time and I almost caved.
So glad I didn’t!
It’s been a long time, but I can finally say my hair is long and full again. I love it. I feel like me. I love it most when it has added volume from the curling iron but I don’t always have time to create new curls so on straight days, I enjoy the extra length I feel.
Are you ready to grow out your hair but wonder if your hair will look full enough?
Healthy hair grows the best because it is strong.
Here are 8 secrets to help you get strong, healthy hair:
- Diet is practically everything. If you feed your body junk, it will give you junk right back (as in weak hair, irritated skin, fat deposits). Enjoy lots of fruits, veggies, almonds, coconut oil, avocado, and salmen for healthy hair. These foods contain nutrients and healthy oils to give your hair a fighting chance from the inside of your body.
- Avoid hair colors that will require your stylist to use bleach on your hair. Yikes! Major breakage ahead!
- Low or no heat. Let your hair air dry for as long as you can before picking up the blow dryer. When you do dry, use medium or low heat instead of high.
- Invest in a good brush. A brush that is gentle on your hair will prevent pulls and breakage. Ask your stylist to recommend one for your hair type. (tip: a wide tooth comb is perfect for coming out wet hair)
- Avoid styling products with alcohol ingredients. This is drying to your hair and can cause breakage.
- Invest in high-end salon conditioning treatments. Give your hair extra TLC with a deep conditioning mask or treatment when you go in for your regular appointment.
- Communicate with your stylist. Share your hair length goals and ask her to work with you to help you reach these goals. Be prepared to visit the salon every 6-8 weeks for a light trim. This is vital to help your hair stay healthy.
- Take vitamin supplements specifically for hair health. Viviscal® Extra Strength hair vitamin supplements nourish and promote existing hair growth from within.
I found that following these tips myself, I have suffered less breakage and enjoy improved hair growth and thickness.
As I tested out this product over the summer, I noticed my hair feeling thicker. Hooray! Seriously. I remember my hair being so thin that my ear would stick out through my hair. That really bothered me! Now, I feel like I have sexy hair. It feels like “me” and I love that I can feel it on my mid-back! Now I just need to learn how to do all those fancy braids…!
Now it is your turn to get the hair you have always wanted!
The Viviscal supplement is easy to take! Just two pills a day, one in the morning, one in the evening, for 3 months to get the best results. Put them by your toothbrush so you remember to take them. You can purchase the supplements in either one month or three month supply.
Enter to win a lifetime supply of Viviscal Extra Strength!
To celebrate their 25th birthday, Viviscal is offering a lifetime supply of Viviscal supplements. Visit viviscal.com/25YearGiveaway for a chance to win. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Do you have any additional secrets for sexy, healthy hair? Please share in the comments below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Viviscal ®. The opinions and text are all mine.
TAMMY GIBSON, founder of A Mom in Red High Heels, is your partner in personal style. Become a VIP to stay in touch with Tammy and get the latest advice on how to create a personal style that you love!