Do you get a rush when you find a wardrobe piece that looks very similar to an expensive item but costs significantly less, or is that just me?
Something that helps me put my looks together is whenever I find an inspiring outfit in a magazine (usually pricey if featured in a major magazine) or on the web, I save the image to remind me. I will shop my closet first for pieces that are similar and if it’s a look I’m really inspired by, I’ll shop the stores or web with those specific pieces in mind. Having a clipping of the outfit (print it if found on web) keeps my shopping focused and putting together an outfit simple.
One of my goals for 2012 is to create a notebook of looks that I love and wear so I don’t forget the look. (Do you ever have days like that? You love an outfit, it’s so cute but somehow you never wear the look again because you forget about pairing those pieces together? Is that age, busyness or just an overwhelming closet??)
In my quest for finding great lace-up tall boots, I came across these two styles:
Carvela Winabuser High Boot from ASOS $472.68 (on sale $330.80)
Both gorgeous but more expensive than I’m willing to pay.
Instead, I found these UK Style by French Connection Gretchen boots for only $29.99 (on sale, down from $89.99)! A BARGAIN and I love the tread on the sole! Love them too? Need it by Christmas Eve? Order by 4:00pm (CST) 12/21 with Ground shipping to ensure this item arrives by 12/23!
Three things I can tell you about these boots:
- They are black, darker than the picture shows
- They are a bit big so if you are in-between sizes, size down
- They are SUPER cute
The next item I was inspired by was this sweatshirt dress. I love a great sweatshirt fabric but the only time I actually wear a sweatshirt is at night when I’m working on the computer. Lets be honest, they are not all that attractive. They have their time and place but not frequently in my life. However…a cute sweatshirt dress is pretty fabulous!
The Leon Dress, RACHEL Rachel Roy, $109
As much as love Rachel Roy, and shop it when it’s on sale, I knew I could find a bargain grey sweatshirt dress.
About this dress:
- It has an amazing zipper detail on the left hem. I adore this added touch
- It’s short. I have long legs. This is a tunic, not a dress on me. Though, I’m OK with that!
- Available in light or dark gray
- Very comfy and cozy! I wore it all day today from lunch with the kids to Christmas shopping to dinner with some friends!
Here is my look:
I also paired the two pieces with leggings, which is what I wore today. I added a scarf for a splash of color but didn’t wear it for the pictures so you could see the detail of the dress:
I think the two items I purchased are going to be very versatile in my wardrobe!
More great buys from searsStyle:
Tips for finding a steal:
- Look for details on the clothing or accessory that you love most and try to match that specific part
- Use ShopStyle to begin your search, type in key words like “gray teardrop earring”
- Keep a notebook of inspiring looks this way you can stay focused when shopping
- Take pictures of your own looks that you love and feel good in to help you create an outfit quickly (nothing is cheaper than shopping your own closet!)
- Shop stores/websites like Sears for fashion-forward styles that won’t break the bank!
*Images from Kardashian Kollection and UK Style by French Connection are property of searsStyle and are used with permission.
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was provided by Sears or Glam Media for this post. The opinions expressed herein are mine and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sears.