It’s time for another Keratin Treatment test! I drove to Santa Monica last week to meet up with my friend and keratin treatment specialist, Jordana Lorraine. We were going to test a keratin treatment that neither of us have used in the past. My hair hasn’t had a keratin treatment for at least 18 months and so it was clear of any other treatment influences. I was ready to tame the pouf and wave that resided in the back of my hair.
The product we tested is called Pure Brazilian Keratin Smoothing System. We used the Original formula.
Step 1: Cleanse with Anti-Residue Shampoo twice. The second wash is for 6 minutes! The Dr. Seuss-inspired contraption is the air filtration system that Jordana uses on all keratin treatments for reduced irritation though I did not feel any irritation with Pure Brazilain. Hair is not combed out before product application. Product is applied sparingly 1/2″ off the scalp, through ends.
A note about the hair not being combed out, I don’t particularly like this part of the process. I feel like the hair would be even smoother if the hair was smooth when applying the product. However, Jordana followed the manufacturer instructions and that is what they told her do.
After Jordana flat-ironed several passes at 410 degrees in the back, 380 degrees on finer/more highlighted portions. Product is still in my hair.
After my hair was rinsed thoroughly then treated with Pure Brazilian Deep Conditioning Masque. Jordana gave my back a light cut. My hair was rough dried. See how nicely it lays with just a rough dry? That is what I love BEST about keratin treatments!
For the final step, Jordana used a brush and dryer to give the style a finished look.
Do I like Pure Brazilian Keratin Smoothing Treatment? Yes I do! Here’s why:
- I walked out of salon completely processed. There is no down time with Pure Brazilian!
- No more frizz!
- My hair is soft and silky. My husband loved the feel of it!
- My waves are gone but I can still style my hair into gorgeous waves if I so choose!
- There was no eye irritation from the product.
- My hair did not lay flat against my head for the first several days, which I noticed with my very first keratin treatment.
- The brand offers a CLEAR formula that is safe for pregnant or nursing women.
- The treatment takes about 90 minutes to complete and lasts up to 3 months! Not a bad trade off!
I would recommend Pure Brazilian Keratin Smoothing System to anyone interested in having less frizz and more control over your hair! Learn more about the product and see more results on PureBrazilian.com.
Hear what Jordana has to say about the product:
If you are in Southern California and are interested in having a consultation with Jordana about which keratin treatment is best for your hair, call her at 310-922-2645. If you are not in Southern California, read The Most Comprehensive Guide To Formaldehyde-Free Brazilian Blowout and Keratin Treatment Alternatives that Jordana wrote for us in 2011. Be sure your stylist has proper ventilation in the salon (like our air filter friend above)!
Thanks to Jordana for another great keratin treatment experience!
Lorraine Colour Bar
Santa Monica, CA
BECOME A VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for beauties like you!
- Tips and more to help you look your best every day!
- Be the FIRST in the know
- Exclusive Giveaways!