In this incredible time of opportunity, where women are making money and contributing to the family finances with businesses that they can run from home, it is more important than ever for women to look and feel their best. Knowing how to dress for your personality, your body type and your lifestyle will give you the style edge you need.
When attending a home party, as the hostess, the presenter or the guest, take the time to get ready and look your best. If you are coming straight from work, freshen your hair, makeup and breath before going to the party.
When considering what to wear, take into account the location of the party.
- If it is in someone’s home, there is the possibility you may end up sitting on the floor, bean bag chair or bar stool if there is a large turnout of guests. In this case, you want to wear a longer dress, like a maxi or a midi. Short skirts/dresses are awkward if you have to sit in the “late comers” section.
- If the party is outdoors, on a patio for example, consider the weather. Evening breezes can call for extra layering.
- If you are the presenter, you’ll be standing for the evening. Will you be standing on thick carpet or concrete flooring? Make sure your footwear is stable and stylish. A wedge heel is optimal.
Other tips to consider:
- If you are a guest, skip the extremely casual styles like flip-flops and gym clothes. Dress up, it’s a compliment to the host!
- If you are the hostess, you need to shine! You are the star of the event so take the time to dress up, add some sparkle and don’t forget the lip gloss!
- If you are the presenter, look the part! You are a business owner and need to represent your business in the best possible light! If you are ready to step up your style game and get serious about your business, learn more at ProjectStrut.com.
Here are two outfit ideas that will work for guest, hostess or presenter:
Love it? Shop it!
Looking your best will help you feel your best! Get your energy up, your style rockin’ and enjoy your party!