Back-to-school time always gets me excited for fall fashion! It’s my favorite style season but here in Southern California, we stay in summer clothes well into October. Most fall days consist of layering with the base piece being a summertime favorite, like a dress or shorts. Which is why I love this outfit so much!
A good rule to remember when shopping for new wardrobe pieces is to think about how you can wear it in a variety of ways. If you can’t come up with 3 completely different outfits for the piece, don’t buy it. Versatility is key to building a well-edited wardrobe.
This outfit offers so many versatile pieces that you can mix and match as the season changes. Every piece can be worn in a variety of outfits.
For example, the dress can be worn alone, layered with the pieces shown or teamed with a denim shirt worn as a light cover-up.
The boots can be worn with jeans, skirts or dresses from fall to spring!
And that bomber jacket? Oh, I can think of so many ways to wear it! What a beautiful piece! My favorite style personality is edgy elegance so I would pair this jacket with a little black dress and some high heeled boots for a sexy date night look; teamed with jeans and a graphic tee for a day look with a cool vibe; or worn with a pencil skirt, camisole and pumps for a “downtown cool” look styled for an entrepreneur!
Love it? Shop it!
1. Julie Brown navy striped dress
2. TOKYObay Stack Up in brown (bracelets may also be purchased individually)
3. Ziera Frankie Ankle Boot in cappuccino (not only are these stylish, they are functional. The inlay comes out for custom orthotic placement)
4. Nic+Zoe chunky cable sweater (currently 60% off!)
5. Patricia Nash Italian Leather backpack
6. Members Only Suede Classic Bomber Jacket (currently on sale!)