Do you find it a challenge to buy boots that fit your calves correctly? We have discussed wide calf boots but as some of you pointed out, it is also a challenge to find narrow-calf boots. Too much space in the calf area leaves a sloppy look and feel.
Here are some tips when shopping for tall boots that will help you find your correct calf width.
- Measure the largest part of your calf with a soft, flexible tape measure. Measure in both inches and centimeters. US sizes will be labeled in inches; European sizes will be labeled in centimeters.
- Armed with your measurement, shopping will be easier. When shopping online, just Google “Narrow Calf Boots,” “Slim Calf Boots” or “Boots with 13 inch circumference” (substitute your personal calf circumference).
- Good websites will have the calf circumference measurement.
- Look for styles that have adjustable buckles or ties at the calf that allow you to customize the calf width.
- It is also important, especially for petites, to make sure that the shafts of tall boots aren’t too high. A boot can fit the calf but still gape because it’s length is too long for your leg. If this is true for you, look for boots with a shorter shaft height, like a couple of the styles featured below.
- Expect to pay more. Inexpensive boots (under $100) are made as “one size fits many”. For a more customized fit, you’ll need to shop more expensive brands with higher quality craftsmanship. Look for styles that are classic, with little detail that might date them, so you can wear your boots for years to come.
- Two great sites to shop for narrow calf boots are Nordstrom and Duo Boots. Sign-up for their newsletters and watch for sales!
Freebird Phoenix Boot
Munro American Ann Boot
MICHAEL Michael Kors Hamilton Boot
UGG Jardin Boot
Vince Camuto Kamino Boot
Earth Chinook Boot
Charles by Charles David ‘Beyond’ Boot
Vince Camuto Vacilla
Good luck on your search. When you find your perfect pair, care for them well so they last you many, many years!
If you found this post helpful, please share with your friends! xo
*This post contains affiliate links that generate commissions for A Mom in Red High Heels.
BECOME A VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for beauties like you!
- Tips and more to help you look your best every day!
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST!
- Exclusive Giveaways!