Last week I shared the stresses of wearing a bikini in front of family friends with a pre-teen boy. I was hesitant at the appropriateness of it but truthfully, there was more in play. I’m not bikini ready and I know it. Frustrated with my shopping attempt to purchase a more modest tankini, I realized that it wasn’t the suit that was the problem but my thighs and butt. I solved my issue temporarily by wearing board shorts over my bikini but it’s just a patch. I literally need to get my bottom in gear and shape up!
Rachel Hayes, Editor in Chief at Daily Makeover, explores the new book, “Look Better Naked” by Michele Promaulayko, Editor in Chief of Women’s Health:
“Rarely do I meet a woman who is actually excited to get into her summer bikini. In fact, according to Michele Promaulayko, Editor in Chief of Women’s Health, only one in five women is happy with how she looks. I fall into that camp! After trying gazillions of different fitness and diet plans, here’s why I like Promaulayko’s “6 Week Plan To Your Leanest, Hottest Body–Ever!” that she dishes out in her new book Look Better Naked.
1. The workouts are quick. I don’t love working out, but some of the routines are only 20 minutes long, which anyone should be able to handle–no excuses! The exercises tone up all over as well as target specific body parts women find most problematic.
2. The plan includes a nude attitude adjustment. Promaulayko points that improving your body confidence is just as important as getting in shape. If you can’t flaunt it, why fight for it, right?
3. The diet is delicious and doable. The book is packed with easy-to-follow eating guidelines and yummy recipes. To give you a taste of how easy her advice is, here are a few of the tips I really like:
• Eat Dessert. Yes, you heard right! A small amount tells your body the meal is over and it’s time to stop eating.
• Always Snack at 3 p.m. A low-calorie snack can prevent you from binging on high-cal foods later on.
• Buy organic bread because it’ll most likely have fiber counts that put the conventional choices to shame.
• My favorite: The Signature Look Better Naked Cocktail! Recipe: Shake 2 oz. vodka, 1 oz St. Germain (an elderflower liqueur), and 1/2 oz fresh lime juice with ice. Strain and garnish with fresh mint. YUM!”
While 6 weeks is half way through the summer season, it’s better than nothing! If you are in need of jump starting a fitness and health plan so you can look better naked (or just in your swim suit), give this book a try! Daily Makeover is giving a free copy away. Enter by June 3.
Read More Trends & News on Daily Makeover:
*images from DailyMakeover/this blog is affiliated with Daily Makeover