At the 85th annual Oscars, Jennifer Lawrence, nominated for Actress in a Leading Role for “Silver Linings Playbook,” stole the style spotlight. Wearing an ultra-elegant gown and class updo, Jennifer could have just as easily been going to her own wedding! (Sorry you took a spill on your way to accept your Oscar, Jen!)
Below is the breakdown from Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend on how you can recreate Jennifer’s hairstyle at home.
“Jennifer Lawrence is a dream to work with, she is so unbelievably fun and inspiring.
- For her Oscars hair style, I started by applying a few drops of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum to her damp hair and combed through. This serum is loaded with natural almond and coconut oils to give the hair extra moisture and shine.
- Next, I added a large dollop of Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse to her hair and blow dried with a large round brush.
- To give the hair texture and shine I added a nickel size of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands and then raked through the hair. Then, I took random pieces from each side and loosely twisted them and pinned them together at the back of the head with eight bobby pins in crosses.
- Then, I took the remaining hair and gathered it into a loose playful bun and finished as always with Dove Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray.”
Dove products can be found at Dove.com, Target.com or other mass retailer.
BECOME A VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for beauties like you!
- Tips and more to help you look your best every day!
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST!
- Exclusive Giveaways!