Jennifer Lawrence was one of my favorites on the SAG Award red carpet tonight! I may be partial to her because I really, really loved Silver Linings Playbook, for which she was nominated twice (‘Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role’ and ‘Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture’).
Everything about J-Law’s look was right on, from the gorgeous blue gown to the old-Hollywood inspired red lipstick. She was elegant and flawless….nearly. Jennifer stumbled on her way up to receive her award for Female Actor in leading role and her dress, designed with a sheer panel that can be hidden or revealed, appeared to rip. While there was not truly a tear in that gorgeous dress, it did make people wonder. I had several conversations on Twitter trying to figure out exactly what happened. For a recap with pictures of the dress malfunction, check out Styleite.com.
If you’d like to recreate Jennifer’s look, here are a few tips from Dove Celebrity Stylist, Mark Townsend, who actually did Jennifer’s red carpet hair:
“For the Screen Actors Guild Awards I was inspired by Old Hollywood glamour, so I wanted Jennifer’s hair to show that influence and inspiration, but I wanted it to be young and very modern as well.
- To get her side swept waves, I started by applying a nickel size amount of the newDove Color Care Leave On Conditioner into Jennifer’s damp hair; she’s colored her hair so much lately so her hair needs added moisture and protection.
- Next, I loaded her hair with the Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried with a large round brush. To give her hair a loose wave, I wrapped sections of hair varying from 2 to 5 inches around a 1 1/4 inch curling iron,leaving the ends out.
- Then, I took a small amount of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands, rubbed my hands together, and then raked my fingers through the waves to break them up and give the hair amazing shine.
- I then took the hair from the right side, twisted it, and then pinned it in the back with a few bobby pins. To give the hair a cool, lived-in texture I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray from mid-length to ends and scrunched with my hands.
- As always, I finished by spraying Dove Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray liberally all over to keep her hair in place all night and give the hair even more shine.”
Here is a picture posted on Mark’s Twitter feed while he was working on Jennifer:
To create her makeup, use lots of liquid black liner and mascara with red lipstick!
Her gown was a navy strapless number (none of these styles will leave you with a sheer reveal like Jen’s did!). Add lots of diamonds to top the look off!
Jennifer was styled by Rachel Zoe and makeup was done by Jillian Dempsey.
Do you Love it or Not?