I got the inside scoop from celebrity hairstylist Paul Norton on exactly how he created Ashley Green’s hairstyle for the 2012 People’s Choice Awards. Norton’s inspiration was a DIY sort of look that still maintains a healthy appearance as well as a ton of Glamour!
Since we love glamour every day, let’s learn how to do this style!
- On wet hair, use a generous amount of Joico’s Body Luxe Design Foam throughout, from the middle of hair to the ends and scrunched it into the damp hair.
- Then, randomly take pieces of hair and wind them roughly around your finger in different directions in a dreadlock fashion.
- Next, defuse the hair to create a rough natural texture without making the hair too full. Be sure to flatten and smooth the root area with your hands to avoid any root volume.
- Once the hair is fully dry, begin taking 2-inch sections from the back of the hair at the nape spraying each section with Joico’s K-pak Protective Hair Spray. Then, wrap each section around a 1-inch iron stopping about an inch and a half away from the ends, leaving them straight. With each section of hair, alternate from a 1-inch iron to a 1 1/2-inch iron, so that the look doesn’t seem too forced and structured .
- Once you are done curling the entire head, lightly dab Joico’s K-Pak Protect and Shine Serum on them on the straight ends of the hair. Then, gently run your fingers thru the hair in a comb-like fashion and twist some more random pieces for a little more interest.
- Finally, seal the deal with Joishape Shaping andFinishing Spray to hold your shinny locks in place!
Simple enough, right? Try it and let me know how you like the style! You can comment in the comments below or on Facebook! I’d love to hear from you!
About Paul Norton:
Paul Norton realized at a very early age that cutting and styling hair was a driving passion of his. He went directly from high school to The Aveda Institute in New York where he trained under Ginger Boyle, Aveda’s Global Master. Since graduating from the Aveda Institute/Aveda Advanced Academy, Paul has honed his skills at notable salons in New York and Los Angeles. As one of the beauty industry’s rising stars, he has worked alongside some of the industry’s most notable stylists including Tabatha Coffey of Bravo’s Shear Genius and Tabatha’s Salon Takeover fame. For the past two years, Paul has been cutting and styling his loyal clientele at the Warren-Tricomi salon in West Hollywood. He has appeared as an expert on Access Hollywood, The Doctors, and will soon be seen on a new series on TLC.
Paul’s philosophy is that a woman’s personal beauty is enhanced when she works with her natural texture, just slightly refined, to create a look that she can call her own. He understands that every woman is unique and that her hair should represent her own style rather than conform to trends. He likes to work one-on-one with his clients to help them define that personal style.