You have already spent a lot on Christmas gifts, the last thing you want to do is spend a lot for your upcoming holiday outfits! I have a solution! My favorite solution! Wardrobe pieces that are versatile give you the most use for the money spent, making them a great investment.
Take this Kensie Dress from Macy’s… it has sequins and is sexy short. Typically not something you’d pick for day wear if you saw it on a rack at the store, right? But, worn as a tunic over leggings and under a sheer sweater, you have yourself a great little outfit for a daytime holiday party or casual evening party! Ankle boots and chunky jewelry keep the look edgy.
To switch it up to a sexy night look, show some skin! Worn with red high heels and a statement necklace, you are ready for some serious fun! Bring on the cocktails!
You can easily change to your evening look before leaving the office if you have to! This versatile dress goes from day to night style in no time at all!
Before purchasing your holiday dress, use a little imagination, think about what you already have in your closet that you can work with it, and come up with a variety of ways to wear the dress. If you can only come up with one look, don’t buy it. You won’t wear it often enough to make the investment a worthy one.
5 Tips for taking your holiday dress from day to night:
- Layer during the day! Add leggings, tights or even skinny jeans under your dress. Add a sweater, blazer or button-up top over. Show more skin at night.
- Switch out your shoes. Generally speaking, boots, booties and flats are great for day while stilettos and platform heels work well with an evening look.
- Change up your jewelry. Chunky, edgy jewelry is a great day look. At night, you want more bling, shine and sparkle!
- Wear bold color. If your holiday dress is black, be sure to throw in a bold color, like red heels or a purple clutch at night. During the day, color can be added with the layering pieces.
- Think about outerwear. Daytime outfits look great with shorter jackets or military styles that feature hardware. Evening coats should be more formal and elegant.
Clothes are expensive so make the most of them by purchasing pieces you can wear in multiple ways. Get creative, have fun and be sure to share how you change up your holiday dress this year! I’d love for you to post your picture on my Facebook page so I can get inspired by you!
From exciting events to the latest trends, amazing contests to everyday values, Macy’s has been making magic for over 150 years!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Macy’s via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Macy’s.