I am obsessing over this CUTE, cute short hairstyle…but I will not be swayed to make a cut. Nope. I will resist. But, it sure is funky and fun, isn’t it? This style is great for a busy mom who wants a sexy, carefree style!
TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D. styled Olivia Thirlby for her red carpet debut for “Nobody Walks”.
- Prep towel-dried hair by spraying TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion throughout the hair, then comb through to ensure even distribution.
- Blow-dry hair using a small round brush to encourage extra volume throughout the style.
- Create a side part and curl the hair in small sections, spraying each section once with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray to lock in the wave pattern and protect hair from excess heat.
- Curl all hair throughout the head by wrapping each section around the curling rod and holding out the ends to give the texture a modern feel. Stylist tip: the straighter ends add an edge to the style.
- Once complete, use a small brush, like the Acca Kappa Bristle Brush, to loosen up the waves that have set.
- Finish by rubbing TRESemmé Smooth Anti-Frizz Secret Creme into palms and loosely scrunch into the ends of the style to add subtle definition.
Do you love this look? You can use the how-to for longer hair as well! If you try it, post a picture on Facebook or Twitter and be sure to tag me so I can see how fabulous you look!
Photo credit: Jesse Grant/Wire Image