This Rose Bun Braid is a beautiful way to pull the hair off your face! Here’s a tutorial from RPZL Co-Founder, Lisa Richards to help you create the look at home:
Rose Bun Braid
- Brush your hair using a Boar Bristle Hair Brush. Make sure that your hair is smooth and tangle-free. Brush it back and away from your forehead. Brush your hair straight back so that there is no part.
- Create beach waves with R+ Co’s Rockaway Salt Spray and a 1.25 inch Marcel Curling Iron. Pull out waves with your fingers.
- Make two individual, traditional braids above each ear about 3 inches wide.
- Braid each section halfway down–far enough so that the two braids come together to meet in the middle. Secure each braid individually with a thin elastic ponytail holder.
- Then, pull the braids back, to create a half ponytail. Use an elastic ponytail holder to hold the two pieces together.
- Take the loose hair from the half pony and wrap the hair in a circular motion, giving a rose effect. Use hair pins to hold the rose bun into place. However, you can also take the end of a tail comb and pull little pieces out to give it a messier feel.
- Grab a 3 inch section of hair right underneath the rose and make a traditional braid. Secure with an elastic ponytail holder.
- Use R & Co Outer Space flexible hairspray to maintain hold and keep the look in place.
Optional: add RPZL extensions to your hair for a bigger and fuller look!
TAMMY GIBSON, founder of A Mom in Red High Heels, is your partner in personal style. Become a VIP to stay in touch with Tammy and get the latest advice on how to create a personal style that you love!