Not too long ago, I asked a friend what her number one skin care concern was. She told it was the dark spots on her face. Trust me when I tell you, she has beautiful wrinkle-free skin, which is really awesome for a nearly 40 year old mom of 3 boys! But, I understand her concern about the dark spots. Not easily covered with makeup, dark spots are a beauty aggravation!
To understand how to care for dark spots, one must first understand their cause.
As we age, our skin starts to lose it’s ability to rejuvenate as quickly. As a result, we start to see wrinkles, uneven skin tone and dark spots, all of which are primarily caused by sun damage. The dark spots, called hyperpigmentation, are a result of increased melanin on the outer layer of skin. I personally get dark spots after a breakout. Even a small pimple will leave a long lasting dark spot on my skin. It’s so irritating! (see picture above.)
How to Fight Dark Spots:
- Sun protection is key. Avoid the sun as much as possible by avoiding exposure, especially between the hours of 10AM- 2PM when the sun’s damaging rays are at their most intense. Damaging UV rays increases melanin production. Wear hats and of course, SPF.
- Apply BB Cream. BB creams, otherwise known as Beauty Balms or Blemish Balms, are hot multi-tasking product, new to the US market. A BB Cream helps with correction of dark spots, protection from future dark spots and a super bonus, giving you a gorgeous glow!
NEW L’Oreal Paris Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator instantly evens, illuminates, perfects, moisturizes, and protects skin. In one week, tone and texture are improved and skin is healthier looking. How? With ingredients that reverse hyperpigmentation and prevent further melanin formation. As dark spots fade, skin’s radiance returns. Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator contains SPF 15 to help prevent future sun damage. The formula is lightly tinted, available in 2 shades, and contains illuminators for a soft radiant glow!
Innovative Blend of Skincare Actives in the L’Oréal Paris Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator:
- Vitamin B3 – Skin-brightening ingredient
- Vitamin CG – Active antioxidant to help brighten skin
- Pro-Cysteine – Antioxidant that works to protect skin from daily exposure to environmental aggressions
- Chestnut Seed Extract (Recoverine) – Promotes natural skin exfoliation
- Bismuth Oxichloride – Provides an immediate lightening effect
- Hyaluronic Acid Microspheres – They retain and absorb water even under low humidity conditions
Watch this video to learn more: Get Your Glow On
I’ll be trying Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator soon and look forward to sharing my results with you! If you’d like to try it along with me, go to your local mass retailer where L’Oreal Paris is sold. Remember, L’Oreal Paris Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator instantly evens, illuminates, perfects, moisturizes, and protects skin. In one week, tone and texture are improved and skin is healthier looking.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by L’Oreal Paris via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of L’Oreal Paris.