If asked to create a wishlist for yourself, like you probably have for the holidays, what do you put on it? Are you practical and ask for wardrobe basics? Are you all about the glam and ask for the newest shades of makeup? Are you a handbag fanatic and wish to indulge in the latest styles?
As for myself, I have a bit of a shoe fetish. A bit. Is that a surprise to anyone? My closet doesn’t lie. It’s out of control. Even so, my wish list includes shoes and more shoes!
I was thrilled to receive some new footwear at the recent Macy’s photoshoot. Black wedge sneakers and two pairs of black ankle boots followed me across country and now reside in my closet when not on my feet.
I also purchased, as part of this Macy’s feature, Nine West red heels, Betsey Johnson ankle boots, Anne Klein colorblock heels and Bandolino taupe snakeskin platform pumps. I am Thrilled, with a capital T! But, that’s not to say I am done wishing for more beautiful styles! I am also looking for heels that work with my existing wardrobe. I love to find new colors to add, as well as special details like heel shape, hardware or print. As a savvy shopper, I won’t buy them if I can’t work them with more than one outfit (maybe one day when I have a much larger closet!).
5 Reasons why you need multiple pairs of gorgeous shoes:
1. Use bold colored footwear to give your entire look “notice me” style!
2. Black has it’s place! For winter, pair black boots with black leggings and a black dress, add a long cardigan (hello layering!) for a monochromatic look that helps you appear long and lean!
3. Sneaking around in sneakers is a great way to play with your kids! I am very anti-sneakers. Very. But these wedge sneakers I love. I am more surprised than anyone that I am wearing them again and again. They are so comfortable and fun! Lesson learned… always be willing to try new things and never say never to fashion!
4. Stylish and classy is always a great combo. Classic pump shapes do not need to feel stuffy and boring. Wear a print or look for a pair with an interesting heel. These INC Salva pumps are a genius combination of style and class.
5. Shoe off your pedi with peep-toe heels. While not for winter in many places, peep-toes definitely need to be brought out during the other three seasons! Stock up on gorgeous styles as you find them throughout winter and you’ll have an entire footwear wardrobe waiting for you to choose from on the first spring day!
I found all of my wish list items at Macy’s. Why wait, hoping someone will get you what you really want? Give yourself a gift or three this year! You can still purchase many items on sale today before Christmas hits but don’t forget to check back in after the holidays when fall/winter styles go on sale to make room for the spring looks!
From exciting events to the latest trends, amazing contests to everyday values, Macy’s has been making magic for over 150 years!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Macy’s via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Macy’s.