Another gorgeous look from the red carpet was worn by Freida Pinto. We have both the hair and makeup breakdown from L’Oreal Paris!
Hair Stylist: Giannandrea Marongiu
Inspiration: Inspired by Freida’s princess-like Prada dress, Giannandrea wanted to keep the hair easy and simple so that the overall look was elegant, timeless and, of course, chic. Giannandrea created a soft twist with the top and sides of Freida’s hair while giving the crown that extra oomph for volume. Cascading waves fell softly down her back to maintain the feel of effortless beauty.
Step by Step How-To:
- Giannandrea began with wet hair and applied a generous amount of L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Volume Boosting Mousse before using a hairdryer to blow it dry using only his fingers to give hair texture
- He then applied L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Alcohol-Free Volume Root Lifting Spray & Volume Boosting Mousse to just the crown area to create voluminous lift
- Using a round brush, he blasted hair – separated in sections – with high heat and then temporarily set each section with Velcro rollers
- After spraying each section with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray – Extra Strong Hold Unscented for a soft hold, he let the hair sit while Freida got her makeup done
- After her makeup was applied, he took out the rollers and brushed through the curls to create soft, flowing waves down her back
- He then back combed the crown for added lift and took the top portion of the hair with a few pieces from each side and created a very subtle, soft twist that flowed into the length of the hair
- To finish the look, he used a touch of the L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Alcohol-Free Smooth & Shine Crème to smooth out the length and sides to give the style an overall clean feel
- Giannandrea set Freida’s look with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray – Extra Strong Hold Unscented to keep hair in place throughout the night.
L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Alcohol-Free Volume Root Lifting Spray & Volume Boosting Mousse ($6.99 each)
L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold Unscented ($14.99)
L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Alcohol-Free Smooth & Shine Crème ($6.99)
Makeup Artist: Leslie Lopez
Inspiration: “Freida has such gorgeous eyes!” said Leslie. “I really wanted to channel a young Sophia Loren and make Freida’s eyes the focal point of her look.”
Step by Step How-To:
- Leslie gave Freida a flawless face by starting with L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation in W6 (Sun Beige)
- She created a sun-kissed look on the cheeks with L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Cherubic
- For Freida’s eyelids, she used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Bronzed Taupe, and Iced Latte on the brow bone for an extra pop of shimmer
- Leslie gave the look an extra layer of smokiness with L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in black before curling her lashes and applying a few coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Black
- To keep Freida’s eyes the focus, she kept her lips on the natural side with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Lingering Mocha, a soft mauve
L’Oréal Paris True Match Super Blendable Foundation ($10.95)
L’Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush ($12.95)
L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow ($7.95)
L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner ($8.95)
L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara ($8.95)
L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge ($9.95)
Do you like Freida’s look? Would you duplicate it? The good thing about red carpet is it’s not runway…the looks can easily be translated to real life! Freida’s look is very wearable for every day and L’Oreal Paris products are very affordable! There is no reason not to duplicate this look at home! Please leave your thoughts in the comments below or join the conversation on Facebook or Twitter!