Tips for finding the right frames for your face shape:
- Heart-shaped faces (wide forehead, narrow chin) look best in cat-eye or round frames.
- Square faces (square jaw with similar width as forehead) look best in cat-eye, round, or oval frames.
- Oblong faces (long face with chin and cheeks of similar widths) look best in wrap styles or large frames.
- Round faces (jaw and forehead with similar widths and wide cheekbones) look best in wide and rectangular frames.
- Oval faces (forehead, cheekbones, and chin of similar widths) can wear most styles of frames because of their balanced shape.
You can check out frames that fit your face online at VSP’s eyewear gallery at member.vsp.com/gallery/.
Tips for choosing the best sunglasses:
- Labels: Make sure they carry a consumer-protection label stating they’re 99-100% UV-absorbent, or provide UV absorption up to 400 nanometers (nm).
- Go big or wrap it: Bigger frames and lenses, and also wrap-around styles, give you more UV protection because they block peripheral rays.
- Go polar: Polarized lenses block out sunlight glare bouncing off windshields, pavement, and other smooth surfaces.
- Consider color: Gray lenses are best. Why? They don’t change colors. Green and brown lenses are good too.
Don’t forget, your makeup needs to change if you are wearing eyeglasses. Colored frames are especially tricky to coordinate! Working with neutral shades of makeup keeps things simple but if you want to learn more about makeup and eyeglasses, read Must-try Makeup Tips to Help Your Beauty Stand Out from Behind your Eyeglasses.
I challenge you to put extra thought into your eye wear for 2013. Take a friend or spouse along to help you pick the pair that best works with your personality, lifestyle and face shape! Be sure to share a picture of your new look on Facebook!
This is a sponsored post. I am working with VSP as an ambassador to bring you eye care information as well as gorgeous eye wear styles!