I was sad to hear that Farrah Fawcett passed away earlier today. My sadness deepens because she didn’t even get to have her own day of remembrance with the announcement that Michael Jackson also passed away today. So, A Mom in Red High Heels pays tribute to Farrah with what those of us who didn’t know her personally will remember her by: Her Hair. Farrah probably had the most famous hair in the world.
Farrah was a hair icon. Her hairstyle, first made famous in the Seventies with Charlie’s Angels, will forever be know as the “Farrah”. Even today, you can put a modern twist on the style and make it your own. I say, let’s make tomorrow a day to remember Farrah Fawcett (the woman, the actress, the mom), by wearing your hair in the “Farrah” style.
Here’s how to acheive the “Farrah”:
- To achieve texture and volume apply a Volumizing Foam to wet hair
- Blow dry your hair upside down and side to side, using a large paddle brush to achieve volume. A paddle brush smooths the hair
- Flip the front of your hair in an outward-facing direction using a flat-iron (here’s how) or a 1.5 to 2 inch barrel curling iron
- Spritz with a light hairspray
- Smile and work the Farrah!
A modern day Farrah style worn by Whitney Port
My thoughts and prayers go out to her son Redmond O’Neal and her fiance Ryan O’Neal, whom she never got to say “I Do” to.
“In June, O’Neal asked Fawcett to marry him. She accepted his proposal and O’Neal said the wedding would happen “as soon as she can say yes. The two never married” (source).