Day of Beauty at Montclair Place, Part Two: (see part one here)
I don’t know about you but it makes me so happy to have my hair and makeup done. I really love having the professionals work their magic to create looks that I can never seem to duplicate at home (I’m totally ok with that, by the way. We can’t be good at everything and it gives me an excuse to get pampered!). I turned to the capable hands of Mayra Legaspi at Carlton Hair International at Montclair Place for some fall style tips.
At an earlier consultation, I told her I didn’t want to change my cut or color for this story, I just wanted to have her style my hair and chat about the trends. She decided on a sophisticated ponytail style that is duplicatable at home with just a couple products and bobby pins but if you are like me and want to enjoy a professional’s touch, give Mayra a call!
To begin, she sprayed my hair generously with Bumble and bumble “Thickening Dryspun Finish”. This product creates texture and gives the hair grip to hold the style. This is especially great for hair that doesn’t hold curl well.
Then, Mayra sectioned my hair and sprayed the section with Bumble and bumble “Does It All Styling Hairspray”. This also helps the hair hold the style. She used a large curling iron to give my hair full-volume curls. Once my entire head was curled, she sprayed the crown of my hair with more Dryspun Finish to keep the hair from separating when in a ponytail.
Mayra sectioned the crown hair and bobby pinned it down. She then sectioned off the sides and brought back one piece at a time (like you would a braid). As she brought it back, she gave it a twist and secured it with a bobby pin. She did this six times (three on each side) until all the hair was pinned back, except the front sides. She put the back hair into a low ponytail. The final step is to bring back the front sides and with their ends, wrap the ponytail to cover the ponytail holder. The results:
Isn’t it lovely? I love how it shows the multiple colors in my hair. It is sophisticated, yet fun! I received compliments on it all day long!
This pretty pony is the perfect hair style to compliment your fall turtlenecks and chunky sweaters! Just add dangling earrings to dress it up for an evening look!
The front pieces are left down for a soft touch.
More on fall hair trends:
- If you are looking to switch up your hair color, opt for warmer tones. Balayage is still a popular coloring process to give your hair a sun-kissed natural looking hair color.
- Blunt cuts are all the rage and shoulder length is having a moment.
- While cuts are blunt, hair is being styled softly. You can still embrace the mermaid waves you love so much in the summer!
- Bangs are back (have they ever gone away?) and you’ll want to ask for a full bang in a blunt cut if you want to rock the trends.
- Finally, if warm hues are not your thing, gray is still in as well as ashy tones of your favorite colors.
Upcoming events you should know about at Carlton Hair in Montclair Place:
- Every other Saturday is client appreciation day. Be sure to book your appointment for Saturday, September 24th to enjoy treats like mimosas and sample treatments!
- The holiday season is just around the corner! Book your holiday styling appointment now so you can put your hair in the hands of professionals and not stress about your hair for your special holiday party!
Book with Mayra at Carlton Hair International at Montclair Place (909-398-1939)
The Final Look:
In between beauty appointments, stop in one of the many fabulous women’s fashion stores in Montclair Place for a few fall basics like frayed denim, dark florals and booties!
Thank you to Montclair Place for the awesome beauty experience! I highly recommend you get yourself over there for some pampering and fall update ASAP!
Until next time, Montclair Place….
Carlton Hair at Montclair Place:
Which fall beauty trend are you excited to try? Leave a comment below or on Instagram!
Thank you to Montclair Place for sponsoring this post! All opinions stated are my own.
TAMMY GIBSON, founder of A Mom in Red High Heels, is your partner in personal style. Become a VIP to stay in touch with Tammy and get the latest advice on how to create a personal style that you love!