Holiday time is here! Yes, it’s true, in just a short 11 days from now, we’ll all be sitting down to the Thanksgiving table. After that, the holiday fun begins! I don’t know about you but my schedule is already filling up! The last thing I want to be concerned with is my skin! But as temperatures drop and air becomes dry, our skin has a tendency to lose moisture and dry out. This can especially happen when combined with the dry heat from radiators and furnaces we all love to crank up in the winter. (I’m guilty of putting the space heater at my feet while I work at night!)
When I was at the salon yesterday, several of us were already complaining about dry skin! The key to fighting off the irritating, dry skin is diligence and a bit of self-denial. Yes, self-denial. I’m a huge fan of a nice hot shower. A BIG no-no for the sake of the skin! Long, hot showers suck the moisture out of your skin and it’s impacted even more in the winter. Other tips to keep your skin happy in the winter:
- Cover up! The wind, cold and sun are damaging to your skin. Wear hats, gloves and lip balm when you are outside.
- Add humidifiers to several rooms in your home, especially the bedrooms.
- Instead of soap (it’s drying), use Eucerin Calming Body Wash Shower Oil
- Upgrade your face and body moisturizers to thicker, creamier formulas. Eucerin has a great number of calming creams! Use often and always after every shower!
- Consume water. It’s harder to do when it’s cold outside but decaf teas count and lemon water is delicious! Be diligent!
- Get your sleep! Skin heals it’s self while you sleep!
November is National Healthy Skin Month and Eucerin would like to help your skin thrive against the winter with a “Cozy Winter Survival Kit” on behalf of Eucerin. This care package includes amazing Eucerin products that help replenish skin’s moisture and a gift that will be useful during cold and flu season.
One winner will receive the following:
- Eucerin Calming Body Wash (8.4 oz.), is a unique body wash formulation that combines soap-free cleansing with omega oils and other natural lipids to nourish and soothe.
- Eucerin Calming Creme (8 oz.) is a gentle, non-greasy formula that combines calming oatmeal and rich emollients to help relieve dry, itchy skin for softer, healthier-looking and more comfortable skin.
- Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Crème (2.7 oz.) is a unique, non-greasy formula that intensively moisturizes and is enriched with buffered alpha hydroxy to gently exfoliate.
- A Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier
Entry 3 (optional): LIKE A Mom in Red High Heels on Facebook and leave a comment on the wall
Deadline to Enter:
November 16 @ 11:59 PM PST
US Resident only.
The winner will be emailed and has 48 hours of time email was sent to respond. Failure to do so results a new winner being selected.