Part 3: This Earth Month, SCOTT Naturals™ invites consumers to take a small step by pledging to take the 4-week test drive of its hybrid products…the challenge to make small changes to improve our world.
How has your Earth Month been? Have you been able to implement some eco-friendly fashion changes? How about changes in your home?
Today, let’s talk about eco-friendly beauty!
There are many great organic and natural beauty products out today but I want to talk about what you can use from your kitchen! Do it yourself facials and scrubs are super easy to whip up and really are very inexpensive! My three favorites:
- Lemony Scrub: A zesty lemon combined with sea salts can bring a healthy glow to otherwise dull, dry skin. Combine ½ cup sea salt with 3 tbsp of honey and 1 tsp finely grated lemon. While in a warm shower, rub into your skin then rinse. You’ll love the feel of your smooth skin!
- Strawberry Acne Mask: 1/4 cup strawberries (fresh, not frozen), 1/4 cup sour cream or non-flavored yogurt. Mash together the strawberries and yogurt or sour cream. Spread on face and wash after 10-15 minutes. (Strawberries are a natural source of salicylic acid which is found in most over-the-counter acne medicines)
- Avocado and Carrot Dry Skin Mask: mashed avocado, 1 boiled and mashed carrot, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (optional)Scrubbing and peeling the carrot, then boil it for 15 minutes. Peel the avocado. Put the cooked carrot, avocado, honey, heavy cream and olive oil in a blender. Mix until creamy and smooth. Apply to face. Wait 15 minutes, rinse.
When you are done mixing and concocting, clean up with Scott Naturals Paper Towels!
- SCOTT Naturals™ towels are made with 60 percent recycled fiber and feature fast-absorbing ridges that soak up spills and get the job done right. The towels offer Choose-A-Size™ sheets that help eliminate waste by allowing consumers to select the right amount to clean-up spills. The outer packaging is made from 20 percent post-consumer recycled plastic and the cardboard cores are made from 100 percent recycled fiber. Available in single, two, six, eight and ten roll packs. Estimated SRP: $10.49 (6pk Choose-A-Size™ mega roll)
More reasons to love SCOTT Naturals:
This Earth Month, SCOTT Naturals™ invites consumers to take a small step by pledging to take the 4-week test drive of its hybrid products.
- Simply go to scottbrand.com and pledge to switch to SCOTT Naturals™ for four weeks. The state with the greatest participation rate will receive $50,000 donation to be applied to local conservation efforts, just another easy way one small step can lead to a big change.
- If everyone tried SCOTT Naturals™ for just four weeks, we’d save over 2 million trees.
Start your SCOTT Naturals™ Test Drive at ScottBrand.com
Small changes can make a huge impact, especially when we all take action. What will you do to make a small eco-friendly change today?
Disclosure: This Earth Month, I’ve partnered with SCOTT Naturals in conjunction with their 4 Week Test Drive to help spread the word about how small steps can lead to big changes. Compensation has been provided but the opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of SCOTT Naturals.