“The sexy, sultry smoky eye is one of the hottest trends in beauty, but can also be one of the hardest to achieve.”
How true is that? Sephora, the beauty authority, puts an end to our challenges with this video:
Create the Ultimate Smoky Eye With the NEW Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky. José Rivera, Principal Artist for Sephora’s PRO Beauty Team, demonstrates.
José’s smoky eye tips:
* Blend High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky on the lid and under the eye*
* Dust the brush with shadow, invert it at an angle and press it into the lashline
* Press and feather out color as you move the brush upwards and outwards using smooth strokes
* Smudge the shadow under the eye along the lashline
* Finish the eye look with a strong lash by curling and applying several coats of rich black mascara
*José says, “An eye primer is essential in creating the smoky eye because of all the layering and blending you need to do with dark, rich pigment shadows. This primer not only helps shadows stay put, but the darker color blends seamlessly and enhances the smoky effect.”
All of these exciting new products will be available exclusively at Sephora stores nationwide and on www.Sephora.com beginning in July 2010.