This post is sponsored by Neutrogena
No matter what you are doing on Labor Day, you are likely going to be outside during the day- possibly swimming in a pool or boating on a lake, picnicking in the park or BBQing in your backyard. No matter what your activity of choice is, or what outfit you decide to wear, you need to make sure you wear this one thing…
Here are some tips to keep you sun-safe during this holiday weekend:
- Use sunscreen that works for your activity of choice. If you are at the beach, lake, running through the sprinklers or at a pool, you will want a sunscreen that is water resistant. Neutrogena Beach Defense is water resistant. You’ll need to reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating or every 2 hours if you are not in the water or sweating. This oil-free sunscreen and is fast absorbing and lightweight. It comes in lotion, spray or stick formulas and you can choose from 30, 50 or 70 SPF. My kids love the spray for their bodies and the stick for their faces. My husband and I are fans of the lotion formula.
- Limit your time in the sun, especially between 10 AM- 2PM.
- Wear a cute hat and sunglasses when you can’t be in the shade.
- Wearing makeup? Put your sunscreen on first? Worried about a greasy base causing clogged pores? Worry no more! Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid is an excellent pre-makeup sunscreen. It goes on dry so it doesn’t leave a shine. It is non-comedogenic so it won’t clog your pores and it is oil-free and PABA free. It is a nice and clean base for your makeup. This formula is my favorite Neutrogena sunscreen. It also comes in a variety of formulas so you can choose the one that works best for you.
- Encourage everyone to apply sunscreen! If you are hosting the gathering, keep a couple of bottles of your favorite Neutrogena sunscreens out for guests to apply as needed. Make sure your kids are covered. Apply and reapply as needed! Apply your own sunscreen when your kids are around. When they see you putting on sunscreen, you are setting a great example and helping them develop a life-long good habit! Kids mimic what their parents do!
- Drink plenty of water. If you are in the heat, shade or not, you risk dehydration. Keep a water bottle at your side and stay hydrated!
This is the final summer celebration for 2017 so have fun and be safe, just don’t forget the sunscreen! No one wants to end the summer feeling the pain of a bad sunburn!
If you’d like to stock up on Neutrogena products, they are offering FREE shipping on orders over $15 all weekend long! Shop now!