Anyone with curly hair can tell you that you have to know how to take care of your curls or you are just going to look like a hot mess! It comes down to a gentle touch and the right product to get the look you love!
5 Tips for Your Best Curls:
- Cut: find a stylist who knows curly hair well. You can track down the right stylist by asking your curly haired friends (or strangers you pass on the street) who cuts their hair if you admire their style. Or, find a stylist who’s own hair is curly!
- Washing: Using a sulfate-free, moisturizing shampoo with plenty of lather will cleanse your hair without aggravating the cuticle and causing frizz. Try Paul Mitchell Spring Loaded Detangling Shampoo for great results!
- Conditioner: Mega important! A lightweight leave-in will help you comb through your hair and it won’t weigh down your curls! Paul Mitchell Full Circle Leave-in Treatment replenishes thirsty locks and helps protect against damage.
- Style: Avoid brushing (instead use a wide tooth comb) and any products that contain alcohol. Towel dry your hair as much as possible before styling and avoid blow drying whenever possible. Apply products like Paul Mitchell Twirl Around Crunch-Free Curl Definer to keep curls hydrated and smooth!
- Embrace: Love your curls, don’t hide them! Those of us with less than curly hair LOVE your curls! Learning how to care for them so they are soft and springy will help you love them too!
Use the “Find a Salon” locator tool to help you find the NEW Paul Mitchell Curls Products!
Share your curl confession!
Have you participated in the Paul Mitchell Truth About Curls Facebook campaign yet? Women are sharing their frustrations and joys with their waves and curls. They are uploading pictures of their gorgeous curls too! Go check them out and submit your own Curl Confessions on the Truth About Curls Facebook app today!
*This is a sponsored post