Here are 6 ways that I’ve found to boost self-confidence:
- Find something that you are passionate about. Learn how to do it well. Share it with others.
- Surround yourself with supportive, loving people. Steer clear of those who are negative (or toxic, as I like to call it).
- Get a hairstyle and color that is all YOU. Don’t be swayed by trends and eager stylists. Finding the right look for your hair will boost your confidence like nothing else can.
- Wear red high heels…often.
- Keep your body healthy. Exercise, diet and sleep all play into this.
- Have healthy, clear skin
The last one is my personal struggle. When I have a zit, I feel ugly and my self-confidence plummets. Low. Very low. I hate looking in the mirror or interacting face to face with others. I don’t have breakouts often but when I do, the pimple is ugly, large and takes forever to heal.
Doctors Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields wrote in their book, Write Your Skin A Prescription for Change, “The emotional impact of acne can be significant….Several studies have shown that when people have acne, they also experience low self-esteem, social withdrawal, and depression, and some carry this negative emotional baggage with them throughout their lives.” They go on to say, “Although we are not psychiatrists, we witness such anguish daily. But unlike years ago when acne was a condition you just had to live with, today it can be treated fairly easily and quite successfully.”
It’s true, we have more knowledge about what causes acne (even one pimple means you have “acne”), how to treat it and keep it under control. Sleep, exercise, diet and good skin care all play a role in keeping your skin it’s healthiest.
Proactiv is proactive in helping keep acne under control. Starting with a great cleanser, Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash. The Deep Cleansing Wash has several components that make it a powerful acne fighter:
- Contains 2% Salicylic Acid to heal blemishes and prevent acne
- Contains gentle exfoliating beads to help remove dead skin cells. Winter is an especially important season to exfoliate since our skin can tend to be dry and flaky.
- Contains botanicals to give skin a healthy glow.
I use Deep Cleansing Wash every time I shower. Not only do I use it on my face but I use it on my chest and upper back where I can also breakout, especially in the winter.
With glowing, clear skin, I feel like I can be my true self. I feel much more confident and yes, prettier! I highly recommend investing in good skin care like Proactiv. As adults, we do sadly still suffer from acne as skin continues to be unpredictable. Adult acne tends to be “fewer in numbers but bigger in size” according to Write Your Skin A Prescription for Change. Yes, pimples AND wrinkles, oh the joys. Fight back and don’t let acne steal your confidence.
Your teen will also appreciate having a skin care system that works to keep his/her skin clear! Consider this as a holiday gift that boosts self-confidence!
Shop for Deep Cleansing Wash on Proactiv.com or at a mall kiosk.
Join our discussion on Facebook and share your thoughts, “Do you feel your confidence shrinking when you have a zit?”
*Proactiv provided me with a sample of the Refining Mask. This is a sponsored post.