After suggesting that you say “bye-bye black” in my last T.J. Maxx style post, there was an outpouring of women mourning their black. I freely admit that black is a huge staple in my wardrobe and I won’t be giving it up during any season! So, to save us all from stressing over the thought of no black, let’s take a fresh look at the color combo of black and white and put a little “spring” into it!
The key to keeping your black and white style fresh for spring is by adding a pop of color. Choose bold colored accessories or shoes to accent your outfit. Keep your look playful and fresh.
Layer on bracelets in bold color or use tank tops as accent pieces, with just a hint of color showing.
Put to use the bold colored clutch that is sitting in your closet. Dust it off and bring it back into circulation for spring! My new T.J. Maxx find is just the right size for my “FABulet” (Galaxy Note 2…my new tech toy!), lip gloss and keys. I love the hardware detail!
Keep your footwear interesting. People do notice your shoes! The way everyone walks around with their heads down these days, they are more likely to notice your shoes than your fabulous smile!
I really love my new black and white outfit from T.J. Maxx! The pants have this amazing texture (check it out on Instagram) and they are perfect for dressing up with a button down top and pumps or wearing casual with a tee like I did here, at my son’s soccer practice. I could throw on a brightly colored blazer on for even more color impact in the evening when the temperature drops.
Star style you can steal:
- Sarah Jessica Parker: White denim and button down top, paired with a black blazer and pumps. The pop of color from the floral pin makes the outfit fun and memorable!
- Selena Gomez: A little black dress takes a modern twist with white piping and buckle accents.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: A mini-dress paired with ankle boots is all the rage this spring! Make it a black and white print and you have yourself one hot outfit!
Use these looks to inspire your next shopping trip to T.J. Maxx! What can you find to duplicate these looks or compliment what you already own to create your own gorgeous black and white spring style? Put together a new spring look then enter to win:
Submit your own T.J. Maxx Style Scout looks for a chance to win up to a $500 gift card. To be entered you must:
- Tag #maxxstyle and include the designer and price of your score
- Share via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (desktop only).
Please read the official rules for all the details!
Our MaxxStyle Scouts are making the latest trends their own, and sharing tips for ways to express yourself through fashion. You never know what you’ll find at TJ’s -the possibilities to express your personal style are endless.
Compensation was provided by T.J. Maxx via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of T.J. Maxx.
Celebrity image credits: People StyleWatch
BECOME A VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for beauties like you!
- Tips and more to help you look your best every day!
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST!
- Exclusive Giveaways!