On the final day of April 2012, I’m wondering what changes you’ve made this Earth month to make your world a cleaner, safer place? Just because it is the end of the month, you don’t have to stop or neglect starting some new eco-friendly changes!
Let’s take a look at a few idea:
- Volunteer to help clean up the parks
- Plant flowers and trees at a nursing home to bring beauty to the world of the elderly
- Petition to have more recycling cans in your community, at the malls, in the parking lots of local businesses
- Start a book drive, donate books to schools and public libraries
- If you own a business, are you a green business? What can you improve upon? Pay bills online? Stop printing so many emails? Are you recycling at the office (even if your office is in your home)?
- Teach your children to conserve energy by turning off lights
- Teach your children to conserve water by taking shorter showers
- Plant cabbage and other beautiful vegetables for landscape and for cooking with!
I also want you to think about making a switch to beauty products that embrace the cause of a cleaner world! When you use products made from natural ingredients, instead of harsh chemicals, you are making better choices for yourself and for the environment. AVEENO Pure Renewal products are a great choice! I have my kids and husband using the AVEENO Pure Renewal 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner. My son isn’t interested, nor does he make an effort, to remember if he needs to use shampoo OR conditioner each shower so it’s just easier to have him use a s 2-in-1. He’s also passionate about eco-friendly solutions, green products and rescuing animals. AVEENO is the perfect match for him!
I, myself, use the separate AVEENO Pure Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner. It is sulfate-free, which is key to keeping my keratin treatments and color lasting as long as possible. I spend a lot on my hair, why would I want to wash out the treatments with a harsh shampoo? I’d also like to mention that my hair feels incredibly soft with these products!
I want to encourage you to feel grateful for the beauty in your world and I want to encourage you to take action and give back to the world in whatever way you are able to! If you are someone wanting to make healthy and beautiful differences in your community, you need to apply for the Be an Active Natural Grant Competition! Here are the deets:
BE AN ACTIVE NATURAL™ Grant Competition: AVEENO® believes in the transformative power of ACTIVE NATURALS(R) and what it means to BE AN ACTIVE NATURAL™. This year, AVEENO® is celebrating everyday ACTIVE NATURALS® by awarding eight grants in the amount of $10,000 to continue to make a beautiful difference. Apply now on the AVEENO® facebook page! Grant competition started on April 5 on the AVEENO Facebook page.
Wishing you the best of luck on this if you enter!
New AVEENO® PURE RENEWAL™ lets you renew your hair to its naturally balanced state daily. Unlike ordinary shampoos, these sulphate-free formulas have Balancing Seaweed Extract; bringing hair back to its naturally healthy, most balanced state with each wash, for beautifully healthy-looking hair. Learn more here http://bit.ly/A1cjWg
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®