Yesterday I shared a bit about Amy and her huge success with meeting her weight loss goal. Amy is shopping for a new wardrobe that fits her new, fit body. I shared basic pieces Amy should invest in from Kohl’s (she has a gift card to spend there). If you missed the post, read “Lose Weight, Gain a New Wardrobe“. Today, I want to show a few pieces she can invest in for her upcoming Maui vacation.
These pieces will work well with her wardrobe on vacation and in every day life. The key is versatility, layering and bright colors!
- I selected a tank top that in a gorgeous orange (Tangerine Tango is the color of the year! Celebrate it with at least one statement piece!) that she can wear alone or layered. The cut will show off her gorgeous, strong muscles but can be hidden under a blazer, light jacket or cardigan if she wants to wear it onstage at church when she sings.
- The aline skirt is a must-have! Amy has great legs to show off but the cut of an aline is conservative and comfortable. It can be dressed up or worn casual.
- A jersey-knit dress is so easy to pack and can be worn layered or alone. A coral is such a great color and can be worn spring-fall. The waistline of this dress will be so flattering on Amy!
- A white denim jacket is a great layering piece to throw over summer dresses or pair with jeans for a nautical inspired look.
- The yellow sundress is so soft and girly, plus carefree…perfect for Maui! Wear alone or layer over capri jeans!
- The flat sandals and espadrilles are a cute addition to her wardrobe that will be worn often, not just on vacation. Trading in flip-flops for strappy sandals makes for an instant style boost! I’m loving the silver espadrille flats for summer (I may have to get a pair myself!)
Amy can use accessories to add pops of color to her outfit as well. The bracelet is one example but a handbag or scarf are other options.
Tomorrow I’ll share one more post about the basics Amy should invest in with her new size. Stay tuned!
Maui image credit: 2pat.files.wordpress.com