Ah, aging. Such a bittersweet process. On one hand, aging gives you wisdom and a clearer sense of self. On the other hand, just as you start to really feel confident in who you are as a person, you start to notice the physical signs of aging and your confidence falters again. Wrinkles, loss of skin elasticity and less volume in the face leaves you searching for shadows to take your family pictures and the use of a soft focus filter on your photos. Oh aging, why do you have to show your ugly face on my face?
Since we actually want the wisdom and can’t do anything about the years climbing anyway, we might as well fight the physical signs of aging with some proven age-defying tools:
- Sleep is the best thing for rejuvenating your skin. During sleep, your body repairs itself. Your skin will have an improved glow and freshness after at least 7 hours of sleep (go for 8+ when you can!). In the picture above, I’m crashed out on my grandma’s couch. My daughter was being soooo funny, taking pics of me with my mouth hanging open!
- Water plumps your cells, making them more healthy so your overall mood, appearance and health is improved.
- Anti-oxidants are nutrients your body needs to fight free radicals that damage our bodies with both disease and aging. Get antioxidants by eating red beans, blueberries and cranberries, to name a few.
- Omega 3 repairs skin from the inside and is a natural anti-inflammatory. Omega 3 oil can be found in salmon, flaxseed, walnuts, as well as winter squash.
- Topical help comes in the form of amazing products. L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift now offers RevitaLift Triple Power collection. These products benefit the skin by helping it heal from the inside, giving visible results in 4 weeks. Watch this video to learn more: Skin in Your 40′s.
I will be sampling this line in the coming weeks and am looking forward to see results! Specifically, I’d like to see the wrinkles on my forehead become visibly less noticeable! Watch for future posts showing my results!
For me, apply a powerful age defying products is so much easier than getting 8 hours of sleep.
As you age, what are your major skin care concerns?
L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift introduces Triple Power – three anti-aging skincare products designed to help fight the 3 dimensions of aging. When just fighting wrinkles isn’t enough, you need to go beyond a one-dimensional approach to restore skin’s youthful look. Challenge this approach with a powerful and luxurious cream (Triple Power Deep-Acting Moisturizer) that visibly addresses the three dimensions of aging skin: wrinkles, loss of facial volume and loss of firmness. The RevitaLift Triple Power collection also includes a Concentrated Serum and an Eye Treatment.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by L’Oréal Paris via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of L’Oréal Paris.