Your wardrobe is so much more than the clothes on your back. They are an expression of your personality. Don’t be afraid. Be bold. Tell the world who you are without speaking a word!
I am so proud of women who embrace their personal style! If you don’t know what your personal style is yet, don’t fret! Let’s get started in helping you find it!
Find your style personality in 7 steps:
- Close your eyes and get focused for just a few minutes.
- What celebrities have a wardrobe you admire? Why?
- If you had an unlimited budget and unlimited time to get ready, what would you love to look like each day?
- What in your closet do you already own and love? Why?
- Write down the thoughts you have.
- As an ongoing project, make a vision board of outfits and looks that inspire you. Try Pinterest for an online version.
- Every time you go shopping, take along pictures of the various looks that inspire you. Look for similar pieces and try on the entire look. How does it make you feel? If you smile from ear to ear, it’s the right outfit. If you feel giddy but think to yourself, “I could never wear that!,” it’s the right outfit! I know you are nervous about doing something new but if you don’t step out of your comfort zone of jeans and tees, you’ll never feel your best.
Remember, to say the I’m a Stylish Mom pledge to yourself every day. This is an ongoing process! Following these steps will help you get there! Don’t worry that you like many different looks! It doesn’t mean you are confused, it just means you are flexible and open.
Personally, I dress based on mood. Some days my look is more flirty, some days I like simple lines and other days I like print. My bottom line is that I like little details that make a piece special…like buttons or seams that make a top special. I like zipper details and unique jewelry. I love wearing black and red, as well as most every other bold color but you’ll find pastels in my closet too!
You’ll find your style too. It will evolve and change throughout the years, based on your lifestyle. The most important thing is that you have a style that is flattering to your body type and makes you feel amazing! By the way, pregnant mommies can have great style too! There is no reason to frump out just because you have a baby taking over your body! Maintaining your personal style during pregnancy will help you feel good about yourself.
Monday: I started the week out in hot pink pants. October is breast cancer awareness month so pink was a great choice! This outfit reminds me of the outfit Gwen Stefani is wearing in this look. Pants are from a cute little boutique in Michigan, tank from Zara, booties are Steve Madden and Urban Necklace from Twisted Silver.
Tuesday: I’m ready for fall but the temps are over 100 degrees! Ugh! I opt for fall colors and summer style. My tank is Simply Vera Vera Wang. It has a fun chiffon layer that ties to the side (a great detail!). The olive shorts are from Target. My handbag is the Nicole Satchel from Shop Suey Boutique. Heels are from Payless! Yes, I occasionally shop Payless and I have to tell you, I love these heels!
Wednesday: I had an evening event so I opted for this form fitting dress from Simply Vera Vera Wang and my red high heels. I love the print and the fun fabric detail that runs across the front of the dress.
Thursday: A casual day at home calls for a tunic over leggings. When the kids and I headed out to run to the grocery store, I added a belt, dangling earrings and these awesome glitter-heeled boots from Wanted Shoes.
Dressage bootie close-up. I receive so many compliments whenever I wear these boots!
Friday: A simple jersey skirt and a black tee. The tee has a two-tone textured, which makes it unique. I wore my Aerosole Teashop flats for a polished looked.
Which look do you like the best?
Please share YOUR look of the day on Twitter or Facebook and be sure to tag me so I can see how gorgeous you look!
PS I’m working on improving the quality of the pictures. It’s so hard to find the right light when using an iPhone and Instagram (find me, I’m @amominred)! Stay tuned for next week’s looks!