Do you have a hard time getting motivated to workout? I do. I love it while I am doing it and I love it after I have finished but getting myself to get started is another story. Am I the only one with that problem? I doubt it. Since we all know the importance of exercising and it’s health benefits, I put together a list of ways to get motivated to get your workout started:
- Health Benefits. Remember the health benefits we just talked about? Mental and physical health are improved with exercise. Consider your future and how it will look if you don’t workout. It will be harder to get around because you’ll have more weight to carry (an average person begins to gain about one pound each year after age 35), you’ll have lost flexibility and bone density. Picture in your mind your old, out-of-shape body and see if you get motivated! I find it works better than looking at pictures of strong, lean bodies that I wish I had because those images just frustrate me and can seem out of reach.
- It’s good for the dogs! Look at those sweet puppy faces…they need to get out of the yard and enjoy the smells of the “outside world.” Taking them for a walk is a great way to begin your exercise routine. Get warmed up with your workout buddies then do some yoga or weight lifting once you return home.
- It’s good for the kids! Your kids enjoy riding their bikes, riding their scooters or running along side of you. Exercising together teaches your children good, healthy life habits!
- Alone time. This one is a huge motivator for me! I love going to the gym and getting to listen to my ipod for an hour. My time. My music. My mental break.
- Beauty Benefits. Sweating gives your system a good detox. It flushes out your pores (as long as you remember to wash up after your workout). You’ll also sleep better and sleep is highly important for maintaining beautiful skin!
- Cute Workout Clothes. Sometimes, all it takes to get me motivated to workout is fabulous workout wear! When else can I wear my workout essentials? I love stylish clothes, no matter what activity I participate in, including working out! I’m sure you can totally relate! So, when my cute fitness leggings have been clean in my drawer for too long, I know that my workouts have been suffering and it’s time to get moving!
Join me on Facebook by posting on my wall about your workout, what motivated you to get moving or a picture of your fabulous workout wear with the hashtag #GetMoving! I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!
This is a sponsored post.