Imagine you hit the snooze alarm one too many times and now you have exactly 5 minutes to get yourself ready before waking the kids for school. One of two things will happen:
- You search frantically for a cute outfit that doesn’t need ironing. You pull on a dress but notice it has a button missing. You pull it off, leave it on the closet floor and pull on a skirt but you can’t find the top that you love to wear with it. You get frustrated and say, “Forget it!” You throw on your comfiest yoga pants and a workout tee, sneakers and throw your hair up into a messy bun as you splash your face with water. Brushing your teeth can wait.
- You grab a pair of your comfiest jeans and a fitted tee, throw on a vest and your fave red heels. You swipe your face with toner and brush your teeth while it dries. You apply tinted moisturizer and lip balm; hair goes in a low sleek ponytail. You have enough time to add jewels so you pick a chic pair of studs and a statement necklace to compliment your look.
Which scenario is the better way to start the day? Which way would be more characteristic of you?
Number two is obviously the better way to go. It’s not a fairy tale. It’s totally achievable! Here’s how:
Own a well-edited wardrobe. Create a wardrobe that you can reach into and put together a fabulous look in minimal time! This process starts with essentials.
Essentials are not boring. They are the building blocks to a fabulous wardrobe. When you own the right basics, you have the foundation for a well-edited wardrobe.
Add a few essentials to your fall wardrobe. Each item is highly versatile with the ability to build multiple outfits!
Ideas for how to wear these pieces:
- Wear the outfit together as pictured. This outfit works for a rectangle body type and Edgy Elegance style personality.
- Wear the vest over a summer maxi dress paired with combat boots (so in for fall!)
- Wear the vest over a tunic and leggings
- Wear the jeans with anything from a silk top to your favorite NFL sweatshirt
- Wear the heels with a shirt dress for an evening party
- Wear the jewels for a special occasion, teamed with your fave LBD
- Wear the tee belted over a pencil skirt
These are just a few ways to wear these versatile pieces. Mix, match and have fun styling them!
Every item your purchase should be able to be worn at least 3 ways. Before making a wardrobe investment, make sure it really works with what you own!
Love it? Shop it!
1. Pinko Black Blazer I love the vest option in fall instead of a full blazer.
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Boxy Lightweight T-Shirt– this tee has a gorgeous curved hemline! It is sheer and requires layering over a cami.
3. Distressed High Waisted Boyfriend Jeans– my favorite jeans are distressed boyfriends. So soft, comfy and edgy! I like the higher waist on these. You’ll feel comfortable sitting on the floor with your kids if you need to without exposing your back side like low-waist styles do!
4. Teal Teardrop Necklace– The striking combination of trillion-cut stones in tonal teals compliments a basic tee or an evening gown equally well!
5. Round Teal Stud Earrings– Teal is a go-to hue for fall! Add a pop of color with these beautiful studs. Pair with the Teardrop necklace or wear with other silver jewelry! Be sure to wear your hair back so you can see these beauties!
6. Red Betsey Johnson Strut Heels– nothing compliments distressed jeans quite like red heels. These heels are great for fall as they have a covered toe and come over the ankles for added coverage. Don’t be afraid to wear red heels during the day! If you do, it means you are bold and confident!