It is time to switch out your wardrobe, makeup and skin care routine for your own fresh makeover! There is no need to spend a lot of money to update your existing supply of style and beauty essentials for the new season. Here are some tips to save money, look great and refresh your look.
- When the money is tight, rely on good friends to make sure your wardrobe doesn’t suffer! Swap accessories with friends! Simply changing out your scarves, jewelry and hats will give your existing wardrobe a great new feel. Host an “accessories only” swap at your home.
- Dye your existing wardrobe pieces and give them a new hue! Solid colored garments in light gray, white and cream will have the best results. Get the how-to on RitStudio.com.
- Beauty treats can be found in the kitchen! Create DIY hair masks using avocado, olive oil or honey for softer, shinier hair!
- Exercise outside. Now that the weather has cooled down, it actually feels refreshing to go for a walk or run outside! Exercise increases circulation so your face will have a healthy glow and your energy level will be up! Win-win!
- There is no reason for your skin to look, or feel, like a fallen leaf! Add retinol to your beauty routine to help your skin look and feel smooth and soft. Retinol is derived from Vitamin A and is the #1 dermatologist recommended cosmetic age-fighting ingredient. Start using an eye cream, like RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream, to improve the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles.
- Shop sales and take advantage of discounts to stock up on your beauty favorites! Target is currently offering deals on select Neutrogena, Aveeno and RoC products.
To help you transition to your fall beauty routine, the Target Beauty Concierge team can help you find the best values in the beauty department! Through October 31, you’ll enjoy special discounts on select products from these brands. Here is the breakdown for the rest of the month:
October 4-10: Neturogena products are 5% off (includes: Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Night, Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Corrector, Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Night Moisturizer, Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser Foaming Formula, Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15, Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture Sensitive Skin, Neutrogena 25ct Night Calming Wipes, Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash gel, Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser, Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub, Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil, Neutrogena 5.5oz Makeup Remover Oil Free, Neutrogena 25ct Makeup Remover Towelettes)
October 25-31: Aveeno products are offered at 5% off (includes: Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer SPF 30, Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer SPF 15, Aveeno Positively Radiant CC Cream fair to light, Aveeno Positively Radiant CC Cream medium, Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Scrub, Aveeno 25ct Facial Cleansing Wipes)
I purchased a few classic favorites and a few new products to work into my fall beauty routine:
- I am never without the Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover. Washing my makeup off is just not the same without this product. I’ve been using it for years so I am enjoying the savings on this one!
- I also like the Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Corrector. I am a California girl, I am in the sun a lot. I am not proud of the fact that I have discoloration due to sun exposure but it is what it is so now I am working to correct it with this product. The corrector works to renew the look of skin, brightening skin’s tone and helps to improve the look of discoloration.
- I am trying the new Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil for the first time. I’ve never used a cleansing oil but I have heard good things. Cleansing oils are huge in Asia where the women have beautiful, flawless skin so I am game to try! This formula is gentle and even works on waterproof mascara! (hmmm, maybe I will no longer need my favorite eye makeup remover??)
- I am also going to add Retinol to my beauty routine with RoC Correxion Eye Cream. I look forward to seeing the squint lines fade!
Let me know which of these tips you use to transition your wardrobe and beauty routines for fall! If you share on social media, be sure to use #BestLovedBeauty.
This post is sponsored by NEUTROGENA®. I only recommend products I use personally and believe my followers will also enjoy! Some of the products mentioned were provided by NEUTROGENA® for this review.
TAMMY GIBSON, founder of A Mom in Red High Heels, is your partner in personal style. Become a VIP to stay in touch with Tammy and get the latest advice on how to create a personal style that you love!