Successful women know that having great hair isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity! Hitting up a blowdry bar before going on stage to speak or meeting a new big ticket client is a sure way to look your best! As Denise Duffield-Thomas, author of Lucky Bitch, says, “By the way, spending $50 on a professional blow dry will make you feel like a million bucks. It’s totally one of my manifesting secrets. Good hair = manifesting mojo.”
I’m with her, how about you?
To make your blowout last, Nick Penna, Creative Director of Boston-based Be Styled blowdry lounge, gives us a few tips:
- While in the chair, ask for volume – Let’s face it, the bigger the hair, the better! Don’t be shy to ask for additional volume, it will be worth it by day three when your blowdry is still flawless!
- Avoid tight hair ties – Don’t put your hair up in a ponytail with a tight band because it will cause a crease in your hair. If you must put your hair up, use a large clip and clasp it on top of your head, or a soft tie.
- Avoid moisture – Humidity and water can be the ultimate destroyers for blowouts. When you shower, be sure to use a shower cap to keep the moisture away.
- Dry shampoo = best friend – Don’t be afraid to apply a generous amount! My favorite product is Powder Bluff by Kerastase – try it! This spray helps absorb oil for long-lasting blowdrys. It’s an instant style refresher and smells amazing!
- Don’t touch your hair – We know how fabulous a blowdry feels once complete, however, let the stunning style set and don’t mess with it! Touching it too much will accumulate oil and can make your blowdry fall flat.
These tips work for making your salon blowout last, as well as your DIY Bombshell Blowout that you craft at home!
Wishing you a good hair day every day!
BECOME A VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for beauties like you!
- Tips and more to help you look your best every day!
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST!
- Exclusive Giveaways!